Error Message SMC - M4V File

I downloaded an M4V file from iTunes. When I try to convert it with SMC, I get the following error message:

This application cannot be used to play this content. In order to play this content please open with iTunes. I thought M4V files could

be converted with this program. What can I do?

Your first step must be to convert the m4v file to avi. Google “m4v to avi” to get a few suggestions on how to do this.

I downloaded Any Video Converter which was suggested by others in the posts I read and it gave me an error message, “seek failed on an unamed file. This software was set to convert to avi. Also, initially it gave me another pop-up that said there was no audio. This file was downloaded from iTunes and works on their player”. I can try another converter, but am not sure if that will work. I’ll give it a try. Thanks for your help.

Run it thru all the converters you want. Odds are none will work. You bought it from Itunes so it probably has a DRM. This means it will only work with iTunes and Itunes compatable players (Ipods). There are some programs out there that claim to remove DRMs but I dont know how well they work.

I had a feeling that might be the case. Maybe I’ll look into those programs that remove DRMs. Thanks.

I hate DRM protected crippled videos. I wanna watch The Dark Knight:angry:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

I think wanting to watch it on a Sansa is kinda silly. It’s far more enjoyable on a 20’’ or 27’’ screen( like we have in our house) than it would be on a 1.9" screen(Fuze) or even a 2.4" screen (View). In fact, I may watch it again later today that way :stuck_out_tongue:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

IMO… The only way to watch TDK is in IMAX. The Fuze is an insult to the movie making (Disclaimer: I am a Batman Fanboy). Rumor has it that there will be a release on a format compatable with the PSP. This is good for us Fuze users because that DRM should work with our players.

@conversionbox wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

IMO… The only way to watch TDK is in IMAX. The Fuze is an insult to the movie making (Disclaimer: I am a Batman Fanboy). Rumor has it that there will be a release on a format compatable with the PSP. This is good for us Fuze users because that DRM should work with our players.

I would die of a heart attack if I saw TDK in Imax also i dont mind small screens

I dont know if you know but there was a marketing campaign for TDK, it was online, and it ended with an Event called “Kicking and Screening”, the premice was that The Joker, stole a copy of the movie and gave out tickets to, Viewings at 16 Imax theaters across the country, you hit up the website at just the right time and you got a Pair of Tix for the viewing for free. I saw it in Grand Rapids Mi the Wednesday before the Release. Then I saw it at midnight opening day, and 2 more times that week. To be honest… I missed the entire story line at the iMax, It was incredable to see, but It was soo much to take in I missed the story.

If the m4v is drm protected, you need to remove the drm protected first. You can try m4v converter I usually used. You can find it in http://www.avclabs.com/mac/m4v-converter-plus.php