Highlighted

Error Message SMC - M4V File

I downloaded an M4V file from iTunes. When I try to convert it with SMC, I get the following error message:

This application cannot be used to play this content. In order to play this content please open with iTunes. I thought M4V files could

be converted with this program. What can I do?

Highlighted

Re: Error Message SMC - M4V File

Your first step must be to convert the m4v file to avi. Google "m4v to avi" to get a few suggestions on how to do this.
Highlighted

I downloaded Any Video Converter which was suggested by others in the posts I read and it gave me an error message, "seek failed on an unamed file. This software was set to convert to avi. Also, initially it gave me another pop-up that said there was no audio. This file was downloaded from iTunes and works on their player". I can try another converter, but am not sure if that will work. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Run it thru all the converters you want. Odds are none will work. You bought it from Itunes so it probably has a DRM. This means it will only work with iTunes and Itunes compatable players (Ipods). There are some programs out there that claim to remove DRMs but I dont know how well they work.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted

I had a feeling that might be the case. Maybe I'll look into those programs that remove DRMs. Thanks.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I hate DRM protected crippled videos. I wanna watch The Dark Knight:smileymad:
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@The-Anti-iPod wrote:

I think wanting to watch it on a Sansa is kinda silly. It's far more enjoyable on a 20'' or 27'' screen( like we have in our house) than it would be on a 1.9" screen(Fuze) or even a 2.4" screen (View). In fact, I may watch it again later today that way Smiley Tongue

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@The-Anti-iPod wrote:

IMO... The only way to watch TDK is in IMAX. The Fuze is an insult to the movie making (Disclaimer: I am a Batman Fanboy). Rumor has it that there will be a release on a format compatable with the PSP. This is good for us Fuze users because that DRM should work with our players.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Conversionbox wrote:

@The-Anti-iPod wrote:

IMO... The only way to watch TDK is in IMAX. The Fuze is an insult to the movie making (Disclaimer: I am a Batman Fanboy). Rumor has it that there will be a release on a format compatable with the PSP. This is good for us Fuze users because that DRM should work with our players.

I would die of a heart attack if I saw TDK in Imax also i dont mind small screens

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I dont know if you know but there was a marketing campaign for TDK, it was online, and it ended with an Event called "Kicking and Screening", the premice was that The Joker, stole a copy of the movie and gave out tickets to, Viewings at 16 Imax theaters across the country, you hit up the website at just the right time and you got a Pair of Tix for the viewing for free. I saw it in Grand Rapids Mi the Wednesday before the Release. Then I saw it at midnight opening day, and 2 more times that week. To be honest... I missed the entire story line at the iMax, It was incredable to see, but It was soo much to take in I missed the story.

Conversion Box