E280 v2

I am having a heck of a time.I will give you some info. My version is V03.01.11A. I downloaded the update. But how do I get the update to the player. When I have it plugged in it comes up saying to I want to view files. I close that. My player says connected and it is charging. I tried to extract the downloaded file to the player. It does not list the sansa under my computer to extract it but when I open my computer the player is listed. I am so confused. I feel like a real rumdum. I bought this refurbished. I did not receive any info. I do not have  a usb  in the settings of the player. I am running XP.

Ant info would be great.

Thanks

WEEWEE

Your v2 came with the original firmware that didn’t have the USB option in the SETTINGS menu. So to update the firmware version 03.01.16 that does have that options plus other enhancements, you have to force MSC mode and manually update it.

Follow the instructions in the Firmware Download post. Ther are 3 different versions; 1 for America and 2 for Europe (with & w/o FM). Make sure you download the correct one for where you live. :wink:

If you have any further problems or questions, feel free to browse or ask in the Sansa e200 series board.

Your v2 came with the original firmware that didn’t have the USB option in the SETTINGS menu. So to update the firmware version 03.01.16 that does have that options plus other enhancements, you have to force MSC mode and manually update it.

Follow the instructions in the Firmware Download post. There are 3 different versions; 1 for America and 2 for Europe (with & w/o FM). Make sure you download the correct one for where you live, and extract the .zip file before you try to transfer it to the player.

If you have any further problems or questions, feel free to browse or ask in the Sansa e200 series board. :smiley:

Thank You Tapeworm. It worked like a charm. I have a question for you. Do any Mp3 players ever come with external speakers so you don’t always have to wear the ear phones? Thank you so much for you help.

WEEWEE

Great! Glad to hear it helped you!

Don’t know of any that have 'external speakers included", but there are a number of external options available. There are ‘docks’ or ‘base stations’ that will allow it’s use through external speakers and/or your home stereo system and will charge the unit as the same time, or you can plug any speaker system into the headphone jack as long as it has the 3.5mm male jack. Some are powered and sound pretty good; others are merely toys & junk and not worth wasting your money on.

One word of caution however . . . 

DO NOT EVER USE A SPEAKER OR ANYTHING DESIGNED FOR AN I-POD

THAT PLUGS INTO THE BOTTOM 30-PIN USB PORT ON YOUR SANSA.

IT WILL FRY IT!!!

The USB plugs look similar and the you can force it in, but the power is shunted to different pins. Bad news!

So I should never buy anything that says Ipod for my Sansa? Another question for you. How do I load a audio book to my player. I downloaded a free book to see if it works. also I noticed that since I updated I now have usb in my settings. I also noticed that I have music on there. Is that the demo? Should I delete that? I did download 8 of my songs. I am not a young person lets say 54 but I like to keep up on things. I did also manage to download pictures too. I am in heaven. Thanks so much.

WEEWEE