E260v2 Display is in mirror image.

I have had this e260v2 for over five years and it worked fine. Suddenly the display is in mirror image. While everything else seems to be functional  it is awkward to have to view the screen in a mirror to see what it says.

I tried the menu reset and the power button reset to no avail

Can this be reset or has it simply failed for good?

Thanx in advance for your help.

Jim Jones

This is an odd one. Can’t say as I’ve ever heard of it before. You can try formatting it (which will erase all user-added content) and re-apply the firmware. This may or may not work, but it’s about all you can do to try and correct the anomaly.

Reformatting thru the menu is straight forward, but that alone didn’t help.

Reapplying firmware did help either.

I am guessing this is an internal setting that I don’t have access to.

What is the most similar current product if you know what that is?

Thanx

Jim Jones

@jim_jones wrote:

Reformatting thru the menu is straight forward, but that alone didn’t help.

Reapplying firmware did help either.

I am guessing this is an internal setting that I don’t have access to.

What is the most similar current product if you know what that is?

Thanx

Jim Jones

Sorry, I can’t suggest a fix for your problem. I’ve never heard of a reversed screen image either.

But the closest newer model is the Fuze ( not the Fuze+, which has a newfangled “touch” interface that many people are dissatisfied with. Maybe it’ll improve with firmware updates…). Unfortunately, the Fuze is discontinued, so it’s getting harder to find. And if you do find it, the price may be inflated due to rarity.

Interestingly, the problem went away. Maybe on it’s on, or maybe from applying pressure with my finger on the right side of the display. I got it to come back once and to go away again one last time (thus far). I can not cause the mirror inversion since then.

I only tried that because I was holding it on that side when the problem first occurred. Now, my guess as to the cause is a connection internal to the e260v2 is showing it’s age and got a life extension from the finger pressure. Se le vie. I will use it while it last. Into the sixth year isn’t bad.

Thanx for your advice and information.

Jim Jones