Devices that support folder navigation

Which SanDisk Sansa products have firmware that support folder navigation? I ma hearing the original Fuse is one of them.

• Original Fuze (with updated firmware)
  • Fuze+
  • Clip+
  • Clip Zip

Does the fuse+? I saw a ton of amazon reviews with people angry that it did not.

Also does the fuse / fuse+ display the file name or the song name from the metadata?

@protivakid wrote:

Does the fuse+? I saw a ton of amazon reviews with people angry that it did not.

No, but the Fuze+ does . . . :stuck_out_tongue:

with the latest firmware 02.38.06.

Sorry, i didn’t mention this in my previous reply. The Amazon reviews might have been from before this firmware version was released.

@protivakid wrote:

Also does the fuse / fuse+ display the file name or the song name from the metadata?

From the metadata (ID3 tag) if present. If no tag exists I’m not sure, but it should display the file name then.

@tapeworm wrote:

@protivakid wrote:

No, but the Fuze+ does . . . :stuck_out_tongue:

with the latest firmware 02.38.06.

Sorry, i didn’t mention this in my previous reply. The Amazon reviews might have been from before this firmware version was released.

@protivakid wrote:

From the metadata (ID3 tag) if present. If no tag exists I’m not sure, but it should display the file name then.

Any option to display the songs with their filenames instead of metadata?

@protivakid wrote:

Any option to display the songs with their filenames instead of metadata?

No.

The Sandisk firmware does folder navigation based on its tag database, so if your songs are improperly tagged or for some other reason the tag database isn’t set up correctly, then the folder navigation might not work right. Rockbox, a free alternative operating system provides true folder navigation. Putting Rockbox on a player though might make it permanently unable to play protected files. Rockbox.org

LOL! What do I get by recommending Rockbox which is free???

I don’t know what you get, but I’m getting a headache reading about the joys and advantages of Rockbox in every one of your posts, whether it’s relevant or not.