Accepted Solution

SDHC 4G not read by XP

I have a  8 month old Dell running XP.  It reads my Sandisk Ultra II 1G card fine. I got Sandisk SDHC 4G. My Cannon digital camera records photos on the 4G card but the PC will not read the card when I insert it into  the card reader.  Any ideas on how I can get the PC to read the 4G card?  Will Sandisk take the 4G card back? 

Re: SDHC 4G not read by XP

Oops I goofed.  I'm running vista on the new computer ....not XP.

The big question is whether the laptop card reader is SDHC compatible. 

Because the camera can use the card, but your laptop can not, I would say that it is not SDHC compatible, and you will need to get an external reader that is compatible.

You can also try using the USB cable that came with your camera and connect it to your computer. Since your camera can read SDHC cards it will function as a card reader and allow your computer to read from the 4GB SDHC card.

My New Dell computer (Inspiron 1720) cannot read the 4 GB Ultra II ard in its built in card reader with XP. With Vista all ok

The drivers are the most recent from Dell.

The second card of min is the plus card (with build in USB connector) its not working as well in XP

With the card reader no problem.

Does annybody has got a solution for the problem 

@scubafoto wrote:

My New Dell computer (Inspiron 1720) cannot read the 4 GB Ultra II ard in its built in card reader with XP. With Vista all ok

The drivers are the most recent from Dell.

The second card of min is the plus card (with build in USB connector) its not working as well in XP

With the card reader no problem.

Does annybody has got a solution for the problem 

Since you are using a built in card reader, I would contact Dell.  Again, find out if it is SDHC compatible.

With Vista it's ok, all is fine. the hardware must be compatible

just XP is having problems.

@scubafoto wrote:

With Vista it's ok, all is fine. the hardware must be compatible

just XP is having problems.

Again, contact Dell, see if there is an updated driver for the card reader.  This is a hardware and software issue with your computer.

Hi all,

The problem is solved, Not Sandisk, not Dell but microsoft has the solution

install (and read) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428

alls working fine now.

Sandisk SDHC 8G not read by XP

Just installed the hotfix from MS and my computer still won't read my new 8gb Sandisk SDHC card.  The computer has a built in card reader and is using Windows XP.  It reads a 2gb card fine.  I can plug the camera into a USB port and can read the card and download the pictures fine.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks