Data Recovery

This is my first post.  I hope it's in the correct location!

My computer HD self-destructed, taking with it the only copy of some family photos.  Data recovery from the HD through Ontrack has failed, so my only hope at this point is to try data recovery from the Compact Flash cards. 

I have 2 Compact Flash cards.  They were both formatted.  One was subsequently used to take some photos, so I'm not too confident about getting anything back. 

I've heard of both RescuePro from this site, as well as eImage.  eImage is downloadable, but I haven't found a site to download RescuePro.  Can someone please point me in the right direction? 

Thanks!

Jonathan

jigwashere at yahoo dot com

Re: Data Recovery

rescue pro is made by lc technologies. you can download a free demo here. to actually recover the pictures you will need to purchase the application.

Thanks for the response and the link!

I just spoke with our local camera dealer, National Camera Exchange.  They provide a service to recover photos in my situation. If they are successful, it's $20. If not, no charge.  From what I understand, they use something like 3 or 4 different applications to attempt recovery.  Since this is (hopefully) a 1-time problem, I might go that route.

I'll continue researching before making a decision.  I don't want to make any recovery attempts that might be potentially destructive.

By the way, I contacted yet another data recovery company and they'd charge something in the neighborhood of $250!!!  I have a hard time believing they would have data recovery tools that would be any better than RescuePRO.  Wow.  Just wow.