Win-win idea to fix the Clip/Clip +/Fuze pitch bug

From the thread here that discusses the current pitch problem with the Clip +. This problem also exists with the Fuze and original Clip. I’ll just quote what I put in the other thread and let others comment:

“Ok, for Sandisk, here’s an idea that could result a win-win situation: Since correcting the pitch may result in reduced battery life, why not give the user the option to correct the pitch? In the audio settings, you could call it ‘audiophile mode’, and enabling it would fix the pitch bug, but reduce battery life. This way you can still claim your current battery life as accurate by having ‘audiophile mode’ disabled by default.”

@schnarky42 wrote:

From the thread here that discusses the current pitch problem with the Clip +. This problem also exists with the Fuze and original Clip. I’ll just quote what I put in the other thread and let others comment:

“Ok, for Sandisk, here’s an idea that could result a win-win situation: Since correcting the pitch may result in reduced battery life, why not give the user the option to correct the pitch? In the audio settings, you could call it ‘audiophile mode’, and enabling it would fix the pitch bug, but reduce battery life. This way you can still claim your current battery life as accurate by having ‘audiophile mode’ disabled by default.”

They did correct it on the Fuze, at a minimal cost in battery life.

@schnarky42 wrote:

Innovative thinking, but I think the amount of time needed make this a user-selectable option by the firmware development team would be more involved, take more time, and threrefore cost Sandisk more money than merely just fixing it for all. There isn’t that significant a reduction in battery life to justify not fixing it.

Besides, just like gas mileage ratings on new cars, the estimated battery life is computed in such a way that very few will ever realize what is advertised anyway. I doubt if anyone would notice a measurable difference, and even if they did, the music playing on pitch & at the correct speed would more than make up for it.