Well done SanDisk. Thank you for the great interface

I want to raise awareness to the fact that Sansas are among a small, small league of DAPs that have a press-once interface. There is only one other DAP…that I’m aware of…that uses the press once interface, Sony Walkmans. I love being able to press any button one time to pause, FF, reverse whether in screen-on or screen-off mode. Most DAPs make you press twice when in screen-off mode, once to bring the player to a screen-on state and second to initiate the desired command.

I don’t believe this type of interface gets much credit so I am doing my part to let SanDisk know their efforts are greatly appreciated. The View is the only Sansa that I know of that uses a partial press-once interface. The FF and reverse are initiated with PO in screen-off mode while the pause is initiated with two button presses in screen-off mode.There may be other Sansas that don’t use the PO interface but the ones I’m aware of that do use it are the Fuze, Clip and E200 series.

Message Edited by MartyLK on 09-14-2009 01:51 PM

The e200 v2 models have this. You have to press twice (once to wake-up, again to initiate the command) on the v1 units.

Whether one is better than the other . . . it kinda depends on what you get used to. Having started with a v1, I sort of like the press once to wake-up without it advancing to the next song or whatever. Sometimes a song will be playing that I don’t remember or recognize & I like to turn the screen on (and nothing else) to see who the artist and/or album is.

There’s probably an equal number of fans for either mode.