Variable speed playback with pitch correction for the Fuze and Clip?

My friend, this is the NUMBER 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 thing I MOST want 

on the clip…

It is my one great disappointment that it doesn’t have it.

I’m in exactly the same situation: listen to lectures, audiobooks, podcasts…want to be able to speed up some sections to save time (or slow down others)…but find the pitch-change annoying.

It also needs to be variable: not just fast, slow and normal - but able to be changed in increments of say 2% or 5%.

You should be able to press the left or right buttons and have it change, then hit the select button to return to normal.

Al this can be implemented easily!

And frankly: SANDISK, you’re speed-change feature is incomplete until you make it possible to retain the normal pitch!

How do I know it can be implemented easily?

Because a special user-created firmware called RockBox that is used on the clip+ and other players

DOES IT ALREADY.

(The only problem is, Rockbox  does auto-resume really badly. The existing firmware is much better at this. RB does allow you to have MULTIPLE BOOKMARKS - which is great. But it DOESN’T give you the option of simply resuming at the last place you left off with just a click or two. It’s also a bit cumbersome to use in general - like many powerful programs).

SANDISK, PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS ASAP!

Have you noticed that many of your customers are people who bought the Clip+ and other products

SPECIFICALLY ** because they are audio-book friendly?**

Implement this and you will go from popular status, to LEGENDARY, with thousands more customers!