Variable speed playback with automatic pitch correction

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:
Some people just don’t want the complications (installation or use) of a non-manufacturer’s alternate operating system . . . 

Very true. For example, I love Rockbox on one of my e280’s. I even taught myself how to make my own theme a couple years ago (which wasn’t exactly easy, I might add and took me about 2 weeks). But I installed Rockbox on my Clip+ just the other day and couldn’t stand it. Took it off a couple hours later.

There’s something to be said for simple, press & play. If you want to tinker, adjust, fondle, customize and/or spend more time fiddling with all the options or playing games rather than listening to music, books, whatever that’s OK too, but sometimes you just want or need the KISS system, K eep I t S imple, S tupid.

To each his own, I guess :dizzy_face:. The battery life jump on my Clip+'s when I had them was from barely ten hours to 15 hours, with my usual higher bitrate mp3’s. If one was to use FLAC the difference is even larger…from maybe 7 hours to  ~16 hours!

And with this  theme, it was just as easy, if not easier, to read than the OF was. I never play any of the games, etc…I just listen to tunes. But it’s nice to know that after a few minutes of setting up the backlight, scroll speed, and other settings, I don’t ever have to do it again.

And let’s not forget the most important thing…no database refresh in Rockbox anymore! That alone, for those with 32GB cards, should be reason enough to switch.