Sorting by year, album, disc number

I think both the fuze and clip sort something like artist(alphabetically)>album(alphabetically)>songs(by track number). It would be better if it was sorted this way: artist(alphabetically)>album(by year)>songs(by disc number first, then track number) so if you have multiple disc albums, they will be sorted properly. Or at least the option to be able to sort this way. I’ve played around with disc number tags and both the fuze and the clip still won’t sort them properly. If this was fixed or added I think it will help a great deal of people looking for a more refined way of sorting.

@d_headshot wrote:
I think both the fuze and clip sort something like artist(alphabetically)>album(alphabetically)>songs(by track number). It would be better if it was sorted this way: artist(alphabetically)>album(by year)>songs(by disc number first, then track number) so if you have multiple disc albums, they will be sorted properly. Or at least the option to be able to sort this way. I’ve played around with disc number tags and both the fuze and the clip still won’t sort them properly. If this was fixed or added I think it will help a great deal of people looking for a more refined way of sorting.

I like the current way its sorted if you make the adjustment you recommend for Songs. I say that because I know what Album the song is on, and I know the alphabet, I dont necessarily know what year the album was from. I use my fuze a lot in the car, and while I am driving I cant read the titles, but I can see the fuze out of the corner of my eye, so Its easier to say “Ok the album I need starts with C and I know that there are two albums that start with A so I need to see the selector move 3 times”. Now I do this in my head and its not quite that drawn out but you see where I am going. 

I think this is another Suggestion for Some Customization options for the fuze, and I can see where you are coming from too makes perfect sense.

+1 Ill take it either way… but we definitely need disk number sorting!

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 05-24-2009 03:56 PM

Simply prefacing the existing track number by disknumber followed by a “.” would be highly desirable, i.e. D1, T1 > 1.01; D4, T23 > 4.23; etc.

@nickc wrote:
Simply prefacing the existing track number by disknumber followed by a “.” would be highly desirable, i.e. D1, T1 > 1.01; D4, T23 > 4.23; etc.

:neutral_face: ???

@d_headshot wrote:

@nickc wrote:

I think he meant something like this 

Artist>Title>Disk . Track

So If I get it right it would be

Kiss > Kissology> 1.12 (Disk 1 track 12) 

@conversionbox wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

@nickc wrote:

I think he meant something like this 

Artist>Title>Disk . Track

So If I get it right it would be

Kiss > Kissology> 1.12 (Disk 1 track 12) 

That would seem sort of messy. A cleaner way would be:

Artist > Album > Track 1 (Disc 1)

Track 2 (Disc 1)

Track 1 (Disc 2)

Track 2 (Disc 2)

…with (disc x) being invisible so it will look the same way the fuze and clip already do. Just that the sorting is fixed.

Edit: Actually I just checked both the fuze and clip and that’s exactly how they sort with the proper disc tags:smiley:

From what I remember is that track 1 from both discs would be right below or above eachother. If this problem happens again I’ll post about it lol.

Message Edited by d_headshot on 05-27-2009 07:38 PM