Sansa clip doesn't make you enjoy music : it makes you work!

I can’t believe how much hours that I spent since christmas just to be able to listen to music with the clip and use all the options.

Let just take the use of playlists as an example : 

I use .m3u playlist file.  

How much time did I spend because of the following problems! :

1- Playlist appears empty

–> You should not put playlist file into the Playlists folder (which is very logical), but into the  Music folder (?!)

2- Playlist still appears empty

–> Mp3 file path should be relative and not absolute

3- Playlist still appears empty

–> If the mp3 files name contain caracters such as à, é, or ê, the playlist will appears as empty. 

–> You have to save the playlists as a m3u8 UTF-8 file without BOM (I’m actually wasting time trying to know hoe to do that).

And more: To resolve a solution, you have to make a search into the forum and read all the posts related to the search result (sometimes nearly 100).

First, there should be a manual included with the clip which explains everything, and not just where to press PLAY.

At least, this information should be easily find in the web site, which isn’t the case.

And the most important: The Clip and the firmware programmation should has been made correctly, so I shouldn’t have any other thing to do than enjoying music without having to ‘work’ because or the flaws.

Message Edited by snorkyller on 02-16-2009 11:39 AM

@snorkyller wrote:

I can’t believe how much hours that I spent since christmas just to be able to listen to music with the clip and use all the options.

Let just take the use of playlists as an example : 

I use .m3u playlist file.  

How much time did I spend because of the following problems! :

1- Playlist appears empty

–> You should not put playlist file into the Playlists folder (which is very logical), but into the  Music folder (?!)

2- Playlist still appears empty

–> Mp3 file path should be relative and not absolute

3- Playlist still appears empty

–> If the mp3 files name contain caracters such as à, é, or ê, the playlist will appears as empty. 

–> You have to save the playlists as a m3u8 UTF-8 file without BOM (I’m actually wasting time trying to know hoe to do that).

And more: To resolve a solution, you have to make a search into the forum and read all the posts related to the search result (sometimes nearly 100).

First, there should be a manual included with the clip which explains everything, and not just where to press PLAY.

At least, this information should be easily find in the web site, which isn’t the case.

And the most important: The Clip and the firmware programmation should has been made correctly, so I shouldn’t have any other thing to do than enjoying music without having to ‘work’ because or the flaws.

Message Edited by snorkyller on 02-16-2009 11:39 AM

The user manual is easily found and downloadable for free , and if it was printed out on paper and included with the Clip it would have meant the price would go up. Paper and ink aren’t free. And as far as “enjoying” your music, do you need playlists to enjoy it? The act of making a playlist could be considered “work” as you put it. :wink:

good blog really and good sharing

web