12-15-2007 11:38 PM
0) Am radio ( who listens to Fm anymore?)
1) Lower initial volume step
2) FM and Voice recording as MP3 (not sure of the horsepower of mr. cpu)
3) Turn off OLED when charging
4) Turn on OLED briefly during track changes (option in settings)
5) Make a 4/8GB model when cost effective
6) Play list when synced via MSC: if I create 10 folders with 10 songs in each I want to see 10 groups in the menu.
7) Group/Folder repeat.
Not too much under my tree huh?
8) Auto Shutdown of clip when idle. (i forgot to close my clip a couple of the times after charging)
9) Clip attached from the side. (this way, the clip won't detach when pulling it out without pressing the clip)
10) A FREE UPGRADE TO NEW CLIPS IF EXPANSION SLOT IS EVER INTRODUCED
12-23-2007 12:30 PM
1) I wish, in one of your future firmware updates, you include somekind of an power-saving option where the screen and more importantly the almost blinding useless circular light does not turn on during volume changing or skipping tracks -- which is a frequent operation in the gym etc (for which this player is extremely well suited). Otherwise this product rocks! Atleast there is no need for the circular light.
2) Some kind of smart volume?
01-05-2008 05:07 PM - edited 01-05-2008 05:11 PM
1) bookmarks for any file type.. my wife has a zen v plus (2gb). she can make up to 10 bookmarks.. this is a big deal, yet so simple..
2) enable adding to the on-the-go list when viewing the song list. and not just while playing song..
3) display elapsed track time along with total track time, like 00:35/04:23. Remove the progress bar to make room for this configuration. The option of this display configuration or the current default configuration of progress bar and elapsed track time should be user-selectible in the settings.
Message Edited by amkoas on 01-05-2008 05:11 PM
01-13-2008 03:58 PM
Just joined this forum, although I've been reading here for a while; it's what convinced me to get a Clip in the first place! Great little product, but since there is opportunity for improvement, here are my suggestions:
1) "Shuffle Play" when "Play All Songs" engaged should be modified to:
3) Be able to display "time remaining" of a song, or album when "Album Mode" is selected.
4) I note that when both the artist name and song title are too long to fit on the screen, only the artist name scrolls. Make it that both scroll, or that hitting the "select" button changes which one scrolls.
5) I'd like to echo other folk's requests, such as:
- gapless playback
But overall, a superb product! I look forward to downloading FW 1.01.19 with all these features incorporated! ;-)
Also, for future products, it might be too much to ask if a Clip could be outfitted with swappable SD microchip capability, but I certainly hope that the improved audio quality of the Clip makes it's way into ALL your players, and that they accommodate micro SD's.
01-16-2008 03:53 PM
Best player for the price out there right now. if I were to make some requests for features they would be the following:
1: selectable record quality, low or high, A one hour lecture took almost 200mb or thereabouts.
2: an espresso machine attachment.
Seriously though, I have zero complaints and love the product AS-IS. Excellent job updating the firmware to address certain issues, but I would consider the product perfect for the price already.
01-17-2008 07:57 AM
I agree strongly with the OLED display timeout while sitting idle and charging.
The scrolling text should be faster. Often, longer title information requres waking up the display.