SanDisk Guru

Sandisk's next mp3 player?

[ Edited ]

Will it be called the Fuze Zip? Will it be out in late August? Will it have 50+ or at least 40+ hour battery life? Will it have HD radio? I hope it has tactile buttons, support for micro SDXC cards, and a song limit over 20,000.

I hope Sandisk develops players with more than one card slot. A shirt pocket sized jukebox player with 4 micro SDXC card slots would imo be very popular. There are many who want to replace old hard drive based players, and want at least 128 GB of storage.

SanDisk User

Re: Sandisk's next mp3 player?

Nice idea but I don't think there's a board yet that could handle that huge amount of storage with this size.  

SanDisk Guru

Having two microSDXC card slots would be nice. I am still hoping for HD radio, and at least 40 hours of battery life.

Will the next player be out at the end of August? Why doesn't Sandisk release new players at the end of May, so that when the back to school season approaches retailers will be fully stocked with them(I am aware some retailers don't want to start selling the new model until they cleared their inventory of the older model)?

SanDisk Guru

@beiker wrote:

Nice idea but I don't think there's a board yet that could handle that huge amount of storage with this size.  

OK, then, how about using internally 4 32GB microSD cards?  Seems pretty small to me . . . .

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

Will a new version of the Fuze be out in 10 weeks? I hope so. I hope it will have long battery life and micro SDXC support. I would love it if it has HD radio and variable speed playback with pitch correction. I am using the Clip+ and Fuze(I have more than one of each). I resisted buying the Fuze+ and Clip Zip. I hope the next player will be a great improvement over the original Fuze.

SanDisk Guru

Will Sandisk's next player be out in 9 weeks? I hope it will be out then or sooner, and that it has longer battery life than the Fuze, tactile buttons, and micro SDXC card support. HD radio would be great, however I am not expecting it this year, and have greater hopes for it next year.

SanDisk Guru

Honestly, if they do release one this year, I don't think it will have either SDXC support or HD radio. 

A better question is, will it be better than the Fuze+ was?

The Fuze+ is a sexy looking piece of hardware, it's nicely sized, battery life is OK, it sounds just as good as the Clip+ and Zip.......but **bleep** those controls suck.  I never loaded enough music in mine to see the hassles that people reported with full memory and full sd card.

The controls are so bad that even Rockbox can't make me use this player! Smiley LOL

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

Will a new version of the Fuze be out in 10 weeks? I hope so. I hope it will have long battery life and micro SDXC support. I would love it if it has HD radio and variable speed playback with pitch correction. I am using the Clip+ and Fuze(I have more than one of each). I resisted buying the Fuze+ and Clip Zip. I hope the next player will be a great improvement over the original Fuze.

@JK98 wrote:

Will Sandisk's next player be out in 9 weeks? I hope it will be out then or sooner, and that it has longer battery life than the Fuze, tactile buttons, and micro SDXC card support. HD radio would be great, however I am not expecting it this year, and have greater hopes for it next year.

PLEASE tell me you don't intend to make this a weekly habit/contribution to your own thread saying the same thing for the next 2 - 3 months!

SanDisk Guru

@Tapeworm wrote:

@JK98 wrote:

@JK98 wrote:

PLEASE tell me you don't intend to make this a weekly habit/contribution to your own thread saying the same thing for the next 2 - 3 months!

Wouldn't surprise me if he did. JK98 is nothing if not persistent.

SanDisk Guru

@gwk1967 wrote:

@Tapeworm wrote:

@JK98 wrote:

@JK98 wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if he did. JK98 is nothing if not persistent.

Some would even say incessant! Smiley LOL

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520