Rockox on v2s?

Hey, this is mearly a formaility, I am helping the port somewhat, but I’m hoping SanDisk will do even more to get Rockbox on the v2s then they did on the v1.

I was just looking up ways to get games on your Sansa, and rockbox was the way to do it. I just don’t understand how though. Do you have rockbox on your Sansa?

Rockbox isn’t ported to the v2’s. Yet.

If & when it happens then yes, Rockbox does include a number of games.

It isn’t even out for the v1 fuze and clip yet.

This thread was started before there were 2 different hardware versions of the Fuze. Both it and the Clip’s two versions are officially referred to by SanDisk as Rev. 1 & Rev. 2’s, not v1 or v2 (version) as in the case of the ‘C’ & ‘E’ 200 series players. So as far as discussion purposes go, this thread refers to the e200 series v2 players.

But just to muck up the waters a bit further, the folks at Rockbox are now avoiding the ‘v vs. Rev.’ issue altogether and referring to all players with the AustriaMicrosystems chip as AMS players. This includes the v2 200 series as well as the Fuze & Clip (both revisions).

@tapeworm wrote:

This thread was started before there were 2 different hardware versions of the Fuze. Both it and the Clip’s two versions are officially referred to by SanDisk as Rev. 1 & Rev. 2’s, not v1 or v2 (version) as in the case of the ‘C’ & ‘E’ 200 series players. So as far as discussion purposes go, this thread refers to the e200 series v2 players.

But just to muck up the waters a bit further, the folks at Rockbox are now avoiding the ‘v vs. Rev.’ issue altogether and referring to all players with the AustriaMicrosystems chip as AMS players. This includes the v2 200 series as well as the Fuze & Clip (both revisions).

Okay. So getting this straight, rockbox will work on both versions of the fuze and clip?

@d_headshot wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Okay. So getting this straight, rockbox will work on both versions of the fuze and clip?

NO. According ot their website they havent even started to work on the Fuze or Clip yet.

@d_headshot wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Not yet. They’re making progress on the Rev. 1 Clip and Fuze…I think they’re closer with the Clip…but neither is in official release. It may be a simple adaptation for them to work the Rev.2’s into what they’ve been doing, though.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@d_headshot wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Not yet. They’re making progress on the Rev. 1 Clip and Fuze…I think they’re closer with the Clip…but neither is in official release. It may be a simple adaptation for them to work the Rev.2’s into what they’ve been doing, though.

@d_headshot wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

As of now? No, Neither one. There are many fingers crossed however. :wink:

That said, one should not look upon Rockbox as the silver bullet, Holy Grail, or 2nd Coming. As good as it is, it still has plenty of drawbacks.

Nothing is perfect.

Guys I didn’t mean as of now lol. I meant when it was finished but my question was answered.

P.s. Will the interface like on that screenshot be customizable like I’ve heard?