Recording Duration

I have Sansa Express and I like it. Is there anyway to increase the maximum recording time to more than 2 hours? I would be happy to learn if someone is able to modify/customize settings so that I can record longer than 2 hours while I have the disk space anyway.

what the heck are you recording for 2 hours! lol

I need to transcribe proceedings almost everyday. It is not always possible to keep track of time and re-start recording at the end of 2 hours.

I hope someone more knowledgeable can reply to my request.

it is not going to change. 2 hours is the limit.

@mesuth wrote:
I need to transcribe proceedings almost everyday. It is not always possible to keep track of time and re-start recording at the end of 2 hours.

I hope someone more knowledgeable can reply to my request.

Lol, my feelings are almost hurt. Maybe you should consider getting a device thats made specificaly for recording rather then relaying on a low end mp3 player. Your recordings sound like they might be pretty important and deserve better quality then the recordings that the express pumps out. ( i doubt you will ever see a firmware update for the express)

Lol, my feelings are almost hurt. Maybe you should consider getting a device thats made specificaly for recording rather then relaying on a low end mp3 player. Your recordings sound like they might be pretty important and deserve better quality then the recordings that the express pumps out. ( i doubt you will ever see a firmware update for the express)

I could not care less about your feelings. You do not provide any information at all. Learn from others.

You do not know the type of environment I am using this unit in. So keep your off-base chattering to a minimum. You are not helping.

mesuth wrote:

I could not care less about your feelings. You do not provide any information at all. Learn from others.

You do not know the type of environment I am using this unit in. So keep your off-base chattering to a minimum. You are not helping.

Now now, there is no need to be hostile. To end this conversation simply, there is no way for you to expand the recording durations, nor are there plans to implement such a feature.

Enigma, we can not pretend to know the enviroment in which the devices are being used for.

Mesuth, there is no need to be hostile. Although his comments were not directly helping you, he was not trying to insult you. “Off-base chattering” is not considered an offense.

P.S

Lets all just play nice and be happy :slight_smile:

My recording duration is 7:30 … After 7 & 1/2 minutes it stops. How can I lengthen it?

I have the same problem.  I’m trying to record a 4 hour long radio show… and its from 1 to 5 am every week. i have a tendency to fall asleep around that time lol.    why not increast to like 4 or even 6 hours…   you’d be surprised how many people would find that useful.