PRESS AND HOLD Options

So you can currently set 2 options for PRESS AND HOLD: RATE, ADD TO GoLIST.

I think that’s a bit weak. Be so much nicer if we had some more options. Like:

>SHUFFLE ON/OFF

>MUSIC EQ

>TRACK INFO

>DELETE SONG

Any others you’d like to see!?!?!

I can’t believe no one else would like more shortcut options. Really?

I would gladly trade “Rate” for “Track Info” as I never waste my time with ratings.:wink:

@peregrine wrote:

So you can currently set 2 options for PRESS AND HOLD: RATE, ADD TO GoLIST.

I think that’s a bit weak. Be so much nicer if we had some more options. Like:

>SHUFFLE ON/OFF

>MUSIC EQ

>TRACK INFO

>DELETE SONG

Any others you’d like to see!?!?!

I said somethin about it once but I forget now what I wanted… But yeah a Track Info option would be good. I also think the Delete option could cause problems… in the form of confusion and accidental deletion. Possibly I would like a Repeat option on the press and hold features.  

Well of course you would have to confirm the delete. But hey, give people the option to have that shortcut.

You accidnetally delete something, hey be more careful next time. lol

I am all about customization. It should be like a Blackberry or a handfull of other players where you can set just about every menu option to the shortcut key.

I second this suggestion! 

I would personally like to use my Sansa for reviewing music and weeding out some of the garbage songs I get - so a Press and Hold option that would DELETE the song would be perfect for me!

Of course, some ability to view song ratings outside of the player and delete them in groups would be handy too…  but I think that suggestion will go on a different thread.

brokunn wrote:

I would personally like to use my Sansa for reviewing music and weeding out some of the garbage songs I get - so a Press and Hold option that would DELETE the song would be perfect for me!

Of course, some ability to view song ratings outside of the player and delete them in groups would be handy too…  but I think that suggestion will go on a different thread.

You can already delete songs on the player. Not exactly Press & Hold the center button; you press the down (V) button while the song is playing to bring up the sub-menu. There’s a Delete option there. So it’s about 3 button presses instead on one, but it’s not like it takes forever to do it. :wink:

Of course the option is there… we want more shortcut options though…

You cannot be opposed to that Mr. Worm? Can you?

@tapeworm wrote:

@brokunn wrote:

You can already delete songs on the player. Not exactly Press & Hold the center button; you press the down (V) button while the song is playing to bring up the sub-menu. There’s a Delete option there. So it’s about 3 button presses instead on one, but it’s not like it takes forever to do it. :wink:

Actually, deleting a song involves the following: 

1. click the menu (down) button
  2. scroll down 7 menu items to “Delete Song”
  3. click “Delete Song” (the delete confirmation then appears)
  4. scroll up to “Yes”
  5. click “Yes”
  6. click the play button to resume listening (because the playlist is now paused)

So I would argue that deleting a song is fairly time consuming.  Now, couple the above with my situation:  I have several hundred remixes on my Sansa that I’ve downloaded to review, the majority of which I do not like (no offense to all those remixers out there, I’m just specific in my preferences).  So, let’s say out of 700 songs, there are about 20 gems hidden that I really want.  Try deleting 680 songs with the above steps?  Now it actually does take forever.  :wink:

Now, the “rating” feature of the Press and Hold button works with a fewer steps, but there’s still the problem of easily being able to delete a group of songs with the same rating (which I have not found an way to do yet).  Aside from that, a few things that might improve the rating capability would be:

1. Make the Press and Hold functionality “wake up” the Sansa player like all the other buttons do.  For example, when the Sansa’s backlight has timed out and I press play/forward/back/menu, the Sansa immediately responds.  However, if I press and hold the center button, the Sansa’s backlight comes on, but the Press and Hold function never triggers until I release the center button and press and hold it again…  so Press and Hold becomes more like, Press Release Press and Hold…  :stuck_out_tongue:
  2. Allow us to choose a “default” rating for the Press and Hold rating feature.  I.e. if I set the default to 1 star, when I Press and Hold to rate a song, it will start at 1 star, so I dont have to scroll the wheel to rate a bad song.  Just one Press and Hold.  Bam.

Lastly, I wanted to mention that if you search the web for an MP3 player with good ‘reviewing/rating’ capabilities, you’ll find nothing (not even iPods have a good/quick way of reviewing/removing songs). so I think if SanDisk started implementing some of the aforementioned features, they could find a new niche in the MP3 player market…?  I know I’m not the only person that wants to go through large amounts of music - lots of my friends have large libraries that they have a hard time maintaining because there’s no easy way to listen to their songs casually and get rid of ones they dont want anymore.  Just food for thought…

brokunn wrote: 

Lastly, I wanted to mention that if you search the web for an MP3 player with good ‘reviewing/rating’ capabilities, you’ll find nothing (not even iPods have a good/quick way of reviewing/removing songs). 

My Neuros was pretty easy for deletion.  Couple of clicks.  You had a choice of delete immediately or at the next synch.

I would like to add my vote for a Delete option on the press and hold menu. I always end up deleting a large number of tracks when I’m listening to new music, it’s a pain right now with the multiple steps and hard to do without looking at the screen.

>CLOCKS WITH DATE

If I can set up all of this, I’d like to have a chance to see that…

Spam! Again!