No new player out yet?

This link was posted over at ABI…

http://www.facebook.com/#!/SDSansa

Looks like we get a couple new colors for the Clip+.:neutral_face:

@jk98 wrote:

Perhaps something might appear over the weekend, or perhaps next week? Some might even be satisfied if the original Fuze is resurrected, especially if it becomes available with 16GB or 32GB built in.

If they give it Clip+ buttons and more space, then sure, that would be nice…if it still has the scrollwheel, nope.

That might not be the whole story though, just a teaser. Do those new Clip+ players have more than 8GB built in?

Perhaps Sandisk is learning that if a player sells well, it shouldn’t be automatically discontinued after two years, and I hope they also learn that if a player is a disaster and can’t be easily fixed, they don’t have to keep trying to sell it for two years. Perhaps they might even learn to diversify their releases, and not just release one new player a year. One style(or two)  doesn’t fit all for clothing or mp3 players.

@jk98 wrote:

That might not be the whole story though, just a teaser. Do those new Clip+ players have more than 8GB built in?

I don’t know…I’m not on Facebook so I can only see just what is there on that front page. Maybe a Facebook member could find out more?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

I don’t know…I’m not on Facebook so I can only see just what is there on that front page. Maybe a Facebook member could find out more?

From the SanDisk Facebook page:

@miikerman wrote:

From the SanDisk Facebook page:

Oh boy, just what I’ve been waiting for! Now I can get a Clip+ to match the color of the Gatorade I drink when I ride my bike!

:confounded:

In the words of the musical “Chicago,” give 'em the old razzle-dazzle . . . and they’ll never get wise. :wink:

@miikerman wrote:
In the words of the musical “Chicago,” give 'em the old razzle-dazzle . . . and they’ll never get wise. :wink:

I thought that was Obama’s campaign mantra.

:laughing:

Actually, I think that’s Mitt’s catchphrase (and that of the Republican party)–for the President and the Dems, it would be, “give 'em the _ new _ razzle-dazzle . . . .”  ;)

I wonder if Sandisk will release a new player tonight at midnight EST. Corporations often do things like that, releasing a new product exactly at the start of a new month. If they don’t release a new player by Wednesday, I will give up hope about seeing one soon, and start considering a player of another brand.

@jk98 wrote:

I wonder if Sandisk will release a new player tonight at midnight EST. Corporations often do things like that, releasing a new product exactly at the start of a new month. If they don’t release a new player by Wednesday, I will give up hope about seeing one soon , and start considering a player of another brand.

I already have.

Sept. and October also are prime months for the Fall season and, beyond that, the end-of-year holidays.

You would think if they were going to announce a player they’d want to do  it before the Apple refresh…which allegedly will be Sept. 12.

My suspicion is that they’re selling enough Clip+ and Clip Zip that they’ve decided not to bother doing anything else.  If anyone can prove me wrong, feel free to do so! 

I think you may be right.  But then again, things have been quiet recently . . . .

They’re just resting on their laurels after the resoundng success of the Fuze+.

@tapeworm wrote:

They’re just resting on their laurels after the resoundng success of the Fuze+.

Has Sandisk decided to stop releasing new models of mp3 players, or will they suddenly surprise us with new models near the end of the year or sometime next year? If their new product is delayed, they should at least issue a press release about it, as without any news many might decide to give up waiting for something new from Sandisk, and buy a different brand of player instead.

Sadly, I believe we’ve seen the last new mp3 player from SanDisk. The entire industry is moving on, SanDisk included.

@tapeworm wrote:

Sadly, I believe we’ve seen the last new mp3 player from SanDisk. The entire industry is moving on, SanDisk included.

Personally, I have no reason to believe that; SanDisk is making a nice profit from its players (it’s still selling the Clip+, even), and many people don’t have or use a cellphone for music and other audio playback (size issues/sound and feature issues/battery issues, or just not using a cellphone).  Likewise, I don’t see digital cameras going away.  Just my personal opinion.  (And if I recall, that small Apple company still sells a bunch of varieties of audio players   :wink:   and as we know, Apple don’t do nothin’ without making a nifty profit.)