New Forum Feedback Thread

As we are continuously striving to create a better user experience we would like to ask everyone for their feedback on our new forum. We still have a little work to do but we are launching now to prevent further downtime. Some small things may be changing over the next few weeks but I would like to invite you to tell us what you like or don’t like about our new forums. While not all suggestions can be implemented we do read all suggestions so please let us know what you think. Your suggestions are very much appreciated.  

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

The new solutions section at the bottom of each board is a nice addition.  Nice job so far Sandisk!

I don’t like “stickies” showing up in two places.  Didn’t like it before either and was hoping it would change with the upgrade.

It appears that there is a relatively short thread subject heading length limit (which doesn’t actually show until you publish the thread, and then a longer subject heading gets cut off). 

I’d either lengthen that limit (long and descriptive subject headings are a very good thing), or at least show the limit when you’re originally composing the thread.

Hate the new layout. I’m not someone who dislikes change, but man is this format annoying to browse through.

The light grey text, such as what is used for the date and time of the post is very hard to read. How about using something darker?

Black on white also can be punishing on the eyes, on a computer.  A light but not white background would be easier on the eyes, along with a bolder normal type font.

@miikerman wrote:

Black on white also can be punishing on the eyes, on a computer.  A light but not white background would be easier on the eyes, along with a bolder normal type font.

I say reverse it…white text on a black background.

@d_headshot wrote:

Hate the new layout. I’m not someone who dislikes change, but man is this format annoying to browse through.

Give it a day or two…it’s not as bad as I initially thought it was. They just need to make it not so blindingly bright!:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

Give it a day or two…it’s not as bad as I initially thought it was. They just need to make it not so blindingly bright!:wink:

Yes, it does tend to shine like a lighthouse on a stormy Winter’s night …

Lines are needed between posts and threads.  It’ll make it easier to see each post and thread separately.

I miss the old forum. :cry:

Heyyyy . . . how come the Fuze+ gets it’s own board, but the Clip & Clip+ are bundled together in the same one?

And speaking of that, lumping all the other Sansa players into the same board is extremely confusing, both for n00bs and regulars around here. Kinda makes every board an ‘Off-Topic’ board. Also seaching for past answers/posts is a nightmare!

@tapeworm wrote:

Heyyyy . . . how come the Fuze+ gets it’s own board, but the Clip & Clip+ are bundled together in the same one?

And speaking of that, lumping all the other Sansa players into the same board is extremely confusing, both for n00bs and regulars around here. Kinda makes every board an ‘Off-Topic’ board. Also seaching for past answers/posts is a nightmare!

I do agree with you on the Clip and Clip+ being on one board. Never having had any of the older Sansas though, I’m ok with the “other mp3 players” board.:stuck_out_tongue:

The Clip and Clip+ are together in one board because they are versy similar in functionality. The firmware is almost identical. The Fuze and Fuze+ have separate boards  because they are vastly different in terms of firmware physical design and functionality.  

All other Legacy Sansa products have been moved to one board because we had several “dead” boards and moving them all to one board generates more traffic. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta

There is one outstanding glitch with the forum.  If I navigate backto “message listing” after checking thread, sometimes we get directed not to the original page, but one far down the line, as in page 100. 

It’s bizarre, suddenly finding myself browsing 2007.

Anyone else experience this?

Bob  :dizzy_face:

@neutron_bob wrote:

There is one outstanding glitch with the forum.  If I navigate backto “message listing” after checking thread, sometimes we get directed not to the original page, but one far down the line, as in page 100. 

It’s bizarre, suddenly finding myself browsing 2007.

Anyone else experience this?

Bob  :dizzy_face:

Can’t say as I have.

Personally, I’m happy to see the Clip and Clip+ in one board–answers for one player often apply to the other and it saves having to look in 2 places or place multiple posts.  The only thing is–one needs to be careful to specify the player (+ or not). 

Hope its not too late this is great!great solution.Thumbs up!

Is this still available today…Hope its gone…