High quality player with no built in storage and no usb connector

With some other DAP makers making players with a card slot and no built in storage for songs, I am wondering why Sandisk doesn’t make any of these? I’m talking about high quality players with a nice display, and large database for songs. Using an easily swappable inexpensive Lion battery such as the 18650 would be great. That way the player can be without any usb connectivity at all. Batteries would be charged outside the player, and firmware updates would be placed in the root of a card, then inserted into the player. Saving the size and cost of usb connectivity and charging circuitry would leave more space for a larger battery, and a larger budget for better quality components. How about it? I would love to see one from Sandisk under $100

with two card slots, a large song database(at least 20,000 songs) that uses an easy swappable high capacity battery, gets over 50 hours of battery life, and has high power output(perhaps at least 70 mw into 32 ohms).

Among other reasons, not chosen as the preferred format because, likely:  the form would have to be larger, for the removable battery, and an external charger would be needed, adding to the cost and ‘complexity’; without onboard storage, users couldn’t use it straight out of the box (unless it came with a card).  But points for considering alternatives.  :)

18650 rechargeable batteries and a charger for them is cheap. A battery and charger could be included with the player. Canon does that with many of its cameras. It includes an easily swappable battery, and a charger to charge the battery outside the device. 

Yep; and cameras are significantly more expensive and significantly more complex, and significantly larger.

“Yep; and cameras are significantly more expensive and significantly more complex, and significantly larger.”

Not that much more expensive. I think Canon includes an easily swappable battery and a charger to charge the battery outside the camera even with their $100 cameras.