Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Fuze f/w update suggestions

New Fuze owner/user, loving it.  Thought I'd throw my suggestions for firmware updates into the ring.

First, like lots of other folks, I'd like to see folder-based browsing and expanded song # limit.  I understand both are in development, hurrah!

Second, please, please make the text scroll faster.  Better yet, make all lines that are too long to display entirely scroll at the same time, particularly on the "now playing" screen.  I feel as if I may fall asleep at times waiting to see the full title of the song, especially if the artist and album are both long.

Third, if we're going to use a tag-based system, let us see all the info in the tag.  Add an "Info" item to the song menu that allows viewing of all tag info.  If this is implemented, it would make the previous suggestion less important, but still nice.

And finally, I like having light text on a dark background, so darker colors for backgrounds/wallpapers would be outstanding.

Cheers!

(Now playing:  Musselwhite, Charlie/Delta Hardware/Invisible Ones)

DAPs: Fuze 8GB+16GB for office, Meizu miniPlayer 4GB for the car, Clip 8GB for walking around.
Headphones:: Sleek Audio SA-6 (treble ++), Koss KSC75 modded, Grado SR-80i, Grado-225.
Highlighted

Re: Fuze f/w update suggestions

I agree with the black background with white txt. Saves eye strain. Also how about volume normalization so I don't have to re-encode all my files to keep from having to adjust the volume constantly. Great player btw!
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Bleargest wrote:
I agree with the black background with white txt. Saves eye strain. Also how about volume normalization so I don't have to re-encode all my files to keep from having to adjust the volume constantly. Great player btw!

Funny, my eyes see it exactly the opposite. More strain with the white text on black background. Maybe my astigmatism causes that reaction. I would agree though, that the higher contrast makes it (appear anyway) more sharp & crisp-looking.

Have you seen this thread/discussion on volume normalization?

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@Tapeworm wrote:

@Bleargest wrote:

Funny, my eyes see it exactly the opposite. More strain with the white text on black background. Maybe my astigmatism causes that reaction. I would agree though, that the higher contrast makes it (appear anyway) more sharp & crisp-looking.

Have you seen this thread/discussion on volume normalization?

Well, then we should have the option to change the font color to black, as well as some lighter backgrounds.  My Meizu has 8 or so font color options, and can use any image as the background.  I don't expect that, but some more options would be nice.  (As well as the items I mentioned above. Smiley Wink )

DAPs: Fuze 8GB+16GB for office, Meizu miniPlayer 4GB for the car, Clip 8GB for walking around.
Headphones:: Sleek Audio SA-6 (treble ++), Koss KSC75 modded, Grado SR-80i, Grado-225.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Another thing I thought of that is more an annoyance than a feature.  When the player is locked and you press a button or turn the wheel, the backlight comes on, and you get a GINORMOUS LOCK ICON on the display, blocking everything else.  Very annoying.

My suggestion(s) for the locked situation would be this.  First, turn the backlight off immediately when the player is locked, and don't turn the backlight on for anything except the center button press.  I locked it because I'm sticking it in my pocket or whatever, and I'd just as soon not waste battery life lighting up my pocket lint every time I take a step.  Second, make the GINORMOUS LOCK ICON a little more subtle, like down in the bar by the battery icon.  Maybe make it flash or something if you really must, but at least move it out of the way of the info on the screen.

And seriously.  Make.  The.  Text.  Scroll.  Faster.  Pretty please?  It really is almost painful to watch.  I admit, I read faster than most people, but wow, I can almost print faster than this little beast scrolls.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@tenzip wrote:

And seriously.  Make.  The.  Text.  Scroll.  Faster.  Pretty please?  It really is almost painful to watch.  I admit, I read faster than most people, but wow, I can almost print faster than this little beast scrolls.

I am with you on this one. I am another that reads fast, and this is one of my few pet peeves about the Fuze(and Clip).

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted

I think that a good update would be to Add a picture background option and an option for a numeric password or something like that when you turn it on.

and i agree that the text needs to scroll faster.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@VisualBasicJedi wrote:

I think that a good update would be to Add a picture background option and an option for a numeric password or something like that when you turn it on.

and i agree that the text needs to scroll faster.

Why a password? It seems like an annying feature, even if you feel you need it. I can see haveing a password for adding and removing files but not for turning it on.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@tenzip wrote:

Another thing I thought of that is more an annoyance than a feature.  When the player is locked and you press a button or turn the wheel, the backlight comes on, and you get a GINORMOUS LOCK ICON on the display, blocking everything else.  Very annoying.

My suggestion(s) for the locked situation would be this.  First, turn the backlight off immediately when the player is locked, and don't turn the backlight on for anything except the center button press.  I locked it because I'm sticking it in my pocket or whatever, and I'd just as soon not waste battery life lighting up my pocket lint every time I take a step.  Second, make the GINORMOUS LOCK ICON a little more subtle, like down in the bar by the battery icon.  Maybe make it flash or something if you really must, but at least move it out of the way of the info on the screen.

Tenzip you havent been on here very long but I am sure you have seen the millions of repeat questions that get asked. I can tell you one thing beyond the shadow of a doubt, if not for that "Ginormous Lock Icon" we would have hundereds of people in here going "My Scroll Wheel wont work this thing sucks..." Or "Why wont my player do anything"and it will unboudtedly be because the fuze is locked and they cant see that massive lock Icon. I do like the idea about when the player gets locked the screen goes dark but, there needs to be some sort of action when buttons are pressed, my thought would be the word LOCK in white on the black background, thats only on for perhaps 1/2 of a second. 

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

I think the most important one is the tag information in the song menu.