Fuze f/w update suggestions

Another thing I thought of that is more an annoyance than a feature.  When the player is locked and you press a button or turn the wheel, the backlight comes on, and you get a GINORMOUS LOCK ICON on the display, blocking everything else.  Very annoying.

My suggestion(s) for the locked situation would be this.  First, turn the backlight off immediately when the player is locked, and don’t turn the backlight on for anything except the center button press.  I locked it because I’m sticking it in my pocket or whatever, and I’d just as soon not waste battery life lighting up my pocket lint every time I take a step.  Second, make the GINORMOUS LOCK ICON a little more subtle, like down in the bar by the battery icon.  Maybe make it flash or something if you really must, but at least move it out of the way of the info on the screen.

And seriously.  Make.  The.  Text.  Scroll.  Faster.  Pretty please?  It really is almost painful to watch.  I admit, I read faster than most people, but wow, I can almost print faster than this little beast scrolls.