Fuze, copy folders from micro sd card to internal memory and vice versa

I, i really would find very useful the possibility to select and copy folders from a card to internal memory and vice versa, this, using fuze software offcourse; imagine that a friend wants to trade music with you, you change cards and you copy the desired folders to your internal memory…and vice versa…seems to me a software thing, so…is it possible?

ps: this is…using a fuze, not a third party application (windows, osx lynux…)

please give your thoughts

Message Edited by DoutorPhil on 09-14-2009 02:20 PM

i agree

That’s a feature available in Rockbox firmware, but not in the Sansa OF (original firmware). Rockbox has recently been ported to the Fuze (Rev. 1), but it’s still not classified as a ‘stable release’ yet. The people who have tried it though, have reported very few problems.

hey, I have installed rockbox on my e200 series mp3 players, and i have onle been able to transfer music from micro sdhc card onto my sansa’s database. But i have not been able to transfer my music on my sansa onto my micro sd card. Any advice? I used windows media player 11 to transefer my music via mtp mode? Thanks

@sansablue11 wrote:
hey, I have installed rockbox on my e200 series mp3 players, and i have onle been able to transfer music from micro sdhc card onto my sansa’s database. But i have not been able to transfer my music on my sansa onto my micro sd card. Any advice? I used windows media player 11 to transefer my music via mtp mode? Thanks

Rockbox is an MSC mode operating system only. The fact that your content was ‘synced’ with WMP in MTP mode may have something to do with your problem. I would transfer everything back to your computer via MTP mode, then re-transfer it back to the player in MSC.

thanks for the advice it worked

my home computer will not recognize the MTP transfer and will only work with MSC mode.  This would be fine, but the Fuze is my kids MP3 player and their mother loaded everything via MTP.  So, the music and other files will not match together on the player.  Plus, I cant copy the songs back onto the computer here to load everything through MSC and get rid of all the duplicates, etc… Any advice?