Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Fuze Feature suggestions

Well, some albums only have 1 track associated with it. So, not as many as you would assume. lol

Not to mention I was exagerating a bit to make the point, too. :blush: Probably more like 600....  (1,800+ tracks on my Fuze)

I don't know how many albums, but I have 2,305 songs on my Fuze. Smiley Wink
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Just thought of another one. Sometimes I share my headphones or just drop one out like when I drive. It sounds weird because most songs are stereo; I'm missing half the song. I'd like to be able to change the output to mono in those cases.

Also, I hate the fact the new Track Info feature is at the bottom of the list. I used to be able to delete tracks without looking at the player (Delete was at the bottom). When I'm on the road I like to hit Play All and never have to look at the player.

Message Edited by TastyWheat on 04-14-2009 03:50 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@TastyWheat wrote:
Just thought of another one. Sometimes I share my headphones or just drop one out like when I drive. It sounds weird because most songs are stereo; I'm missing half the song. I'd like to be able to change the output to mono in those cases. Also, I hate the fact the new Track Info feature is at the bottom of the list. I used to be able to delete tracks without looking at the player (delete was at the bottom). When I'm on the road I usually Play All and almost never look at the player.

I dont know where you are but having a headphone in while you drive is illegal where I am, although the law says you have to use a headset for phones. Mono is IMO only a good Idea when you run into issues with people who are hearing impared, or if you are trying to mix your player into some type of audio system and only want it on one side of the sound spectrum.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@Conversionbox wrote:

I dont know where you are but having a headphone in while you drive is illegal where I am, although the law says you have to use a headset for phones. Mono is IMO only a good Idea when you run into issues with people who are hearing impared, or if you are trying to mix your player into some type of audio system and only want it on one side of the sound spectrum.

It's not illegal in my state.  I know it's not the safest thing to do which is why I only wear one earphone when I drive.

For my previous problem with the Track Info feature, why can't it just be one of the things that shows up when you press the middle button?  I really hate having to look at the player to delete a track.

Message Edited by TastyWheat on 04-16-2009 12:39 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

I think coverflow is just this feature that make people think, Wow, that looks cool! Other than that, it's probably useless.

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]
it looks useless but think about it I listen to Reggae music and I have full albums and I would be cool to browse by coverflow I could click on the album and see the music in a list and I choose which song I want to listenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3HNqvjt1o
Message Edited by delonh24 on 04-30-2009 06:24 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

Coverflow = gimmick, pure and simple. Another example of Apple's marketing genius. Say what you will about the company and its' product, they know how to advertise and promote better then anyone. Apple has convinced people that you might want to browse by cover art.

There was a thread on iLounge.com a few weeks back and comsone asked if you actually used cover art. Fully 90% of the replies all said "I just use it to show people it can do it....".

Exactly....

Not even when people had actual ALBUMS did they browse by the covers. If you had them nicely stored on a shelf near your system, you would read the splines before you would remove album > from shelf to look at the cover (or track list). Of course if you used milk crates to hold your albums you probably did browse by "cover art". Smiley Wink

Message Edited by Peregrine on 05-04-2009 09:40 AM

[ Edited ]

Mono is a very very good feature for me, when working I can use only one headset.

Hi, Alex

Message Edited by alexxx on 05-11-2009 03:04 AM
Highlighted

I vote for a mono output option as well. It's the only thing I find lacking in the fuze. 

I really like the feature for when I'm listening with only one plug in my ear (do that quite often) or when I want to share onewith a friend.

NaFiann