Highlighted
SanDisk User

Fuze Feature suggestions

Since you nice people at Sandisk seem to be open to listen to user requests.. I like my fuze a lot... but there are a few things that would make it GREAT!!

1 - when fast forwarding through a song - or more needed - an audiobook - could you make it so that you could hear as it is fast forwarding - sometimes I have things taped from a lecture etc or an event where there is a part I want to skip - I don't want to have to make a million tiny files - but fast forwarding and being able to hear would be useful. My old sandisk SDMX1-512R had that ability. and I miss it.

2- battery indicator - could it show % not just a cute icon... I know I can go to the info but it would be nice to see it right up front..

Also for us Linux users 

3 - the ability to convert movies etc not using smc that does not work on linux... 

Thanks

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Fuze Feature suggestions

i agree with all our idea's

and how about coverflow

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

My own suggestions:

• Different main menus (standard, icon grid, list)
  • Continue playing after deleting a song (if it was already playing during the delete)
  • Faster deletion or deletion progress bar (it appears to freeze when I delete files) New firmware fixed it
  • Auto-playlists (most played, least played, top rated, lowest rated, newest, oldest)
  • No looping for certain options (e.g. shuffle on - rotate counterclockwise, shuffle off - rotate clockwise)
Message Edited by TastyWheat on 04-14-2009 03:41 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

The ability to customize how artist/album/title is shown when music's playing.

I don't like how it is now it's

Artist

Album

Title

I'd like a feature where I could toggle between artist/album/title, artist/title/album or title/artist/album.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

and make them all scroll at the same time

16gb Sanza Fuze
160gb iPod(iPos) Clasic
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut it's self.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

That's such a gimmick. Coverflow. Pfffft. Who actually browses music they want to play by album cover? Who? Not even the iTouch/iPhone people do that. The only time coverflow ever gets used on an iTouch/iPhone?!?

Showing your friends "hey look what this can do!".

*yawn*

Smiley Wink

@Peregrine wrote:

That's such a gimmick. Coverflow. Pfffft. Who actually browses music they want to play by album cover? Who? Not even the iTouch/iPhone people do that. The only time coverflow ever gets used on an iTouch/iPhone?!?

*yawn*

Smiley Wink

Agreed...if I wanted coverflow, I'd buy an iPud

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

@Peregrine wrote:

*yawn*

Smiley Wink

Agreed...if I wanted coverflow, I'd buy an iPud

I regularly add albums that I have no idea what the title is because they are demos or they are unreleased. All I know them by is the album covers. However I dont need to see only Album art a little icon next to the song title is perfectly fine.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

You are the exception, not the rule. I'd wager 97% of people couldn't possibly pick all their music based on album covers. Especially in this day and age of electronic downloads... I don't even know what the album covers look like on some of the music I bought from Amazon. And with over 1200 albums on my Fuze??!?! Coverflow = useless.

@Peregrine wrote:

You are the exception, not the rule. I'd wager 97% of people couldn't possibly pick all their music based on album covers. Especially in this day and age of electronic downloads... I don't even know what the album covers look like on some of the music I bought from Amazon. And with over 1200 albums on my Fuze??!?! Coverflow = useless.

1200 albums? how many songs is that?

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520