Fuze Feature suggestions

Since you nice people at Sandisk seem to be open to listen to user requests… I like my fuze a lot… but there are a few things that would make it GREAT!!

1 - when fast forwarding through a song - or more needed - an audiobook - could you make it so that you could hear as it is fast forwarding - sometimes I have things taped from a lecture etc or an event where there is a part I want to skip - I don’t want to have to make a million tiny files - but fast forwarding and being able to hear would be useful. My old sandisk SDMX1-512R had that ability. and I miss it.

2- battery indicator - could it show % not just a cute icon… I know I can go to the info but it would be nice to see it right up front…

Also for us Linux users 

3 - the ability to convert movies etc not using smc that does not work on linux… 

Thanks

i agree with all our idea’s

and how about coverflow

My own suggestions:

• Different main menus (standard, icon grid, list)
  • Continue playing after deleting a song (if it was already playing during the delete)
  • Faster deletion or deletion progress bar (it appears to freeze when I delete files) New firmware fixed it
  • Auto-playlists (most played, least played, top rated, lowest rated, newest, oldest)
  • No looping for certain options (e.g. shuffle on - rotate counterclockwise, shuffle off - rotate clockwise)

Message Edited by TastyWheat on 04-14-2009 03:41 PM

The ability to customize how artist/album/title is shown when music’s playing.

I don’t like how it is now it’s

Artist

Album

Title

I’d like a feature where I could toggle between artist/album/title, artist/title/album or title/artist/album.

and make them all scroll at the same time

That’s such a gimmick. Coverflow. Pfffft. Who actually browses music they want to play by album cover? Who? Not even the iTouch/iPhone people do that. The only time coverflow ever gets used on an iTouch/iPhone?!?

Showing your friends “hey look what this can do!”.

*yawn*

:wink:

@peregrine wrote:

That’s such a gimmick. Coverflow. Pfffft. Who actually browses music they want to play by album cover? Who? Not even the iTouch/iPhone people do that. The only time coverflow ever gets used on an iTouch/iPhone?!?

*yawn*

Agreed…if I wanted coverflow, I’d buy an iPud

@marvin_martian wrote:

@peregrine wrote:

*yawn*

Agreed…if I wanted coverflow, I’d buy an iPud

I regularly add albums that I have no idea what the title is because they are demos or they are unreleased. All I know them by is the album covers. However I dont need to see only Album art a little icon next to the song title is perfectly fine.

You are the exception, not the rule. I’d wager 97% of people couldn’t possibly pick all their music based on album covers. Especially in this day and age of electronic downloads… I don’t even know what the album covers look like on some of the music I bought from Amazon. And with over 1200 albums on my Fuze!!! Coverflow = useless.

@peregrine wrote:

You are the exception, not the rule. I’d wager 97% of people couldn’t possibly pick all their music based on album covers. Especially in this day and age of electronic downloads… I don’t even know what the album covers look like on some of the music I bought from Amazon. And with over 1200 albums on my Fuze!!! Coverflow = useless.

1200 albums? how many songs is that?

Well, some albums only have 1 track associated with it. So, not as many as you would assume. lol

Not to mention I was exagerating a bit to make the point, too. :blush: Probably more like 600…  (1,800+ tracks on my Fuze)

I don’t know how many albums, but I have 2,305 songs on my Fuze. :wink:

Just thought of another one. Sometimes I share my headphones or just drop one out like when I drive. It sounds weird because most songs are stereo; I’m missing half the song. I’d like to be able to change the output to mono in those cases.

Also, I hate the fact the new Track Info feature is at the bottom of the list. I used to be able to delete tracks without looking at the player (Delete was at the bottom). When I’m on the road I like to hit Play All and never have to look at the player.

Message Edited by TastyWheat on 04-14-2009 03:50 PM

@tastywheat wrote:
Just thought of another one. Sometimes I share my headphones or just drop one out like when I drive. It sounds weird because most songs are stereo; I’m missing half the song. I’d like to be able to change the output to mono in those cases. Also, I hate the fact the new Track Info feature is at the bottom of the list. I used to be able to delete tracks without looking at the player (delete was at the bottom). When I’m on the road I usually Play All and almost never look at the player.

I dont know where you are but having a headphone in while you drive is illegal where I am, although the law says you have to use a headset for phones. Mono is IMO only a good Idea when you run into issues with people who are hearing impared, or if you are trying to mix your player into some type of audio system and only want it on one side of the sound spectrum.

@conversionbox wrote:

I dont know where you are but having a headphone in while you drive is illegal where I am, although the law says you have to use a headset for phones. Mono is IMO only a good Idea when you run into issues with people who are hearing impared, or if you are trying to mix your player into some type of audio system and only want it on one side of the sound spectrum.

It’s not illegal in my state.  I know it’s not the safest thing to do which is why I only wear one earphone when I drive.

For my previous problem with the Track Info feature, why can’t it just be one of the things that shows up when you press the middle button?  I really hate having to look at the player to delete a track.

Message Edited by TastyWheat on 04-16-2009 12:39 PM

I think coverflow is just this feature that make people think, Wow, that looks cool! Other than that, it’s probably useless.

it looks useless but think about it I listen to Reggae music and I have full albums and I would be cool to browse by coverflow I could click on the album and see the music in a list and I choose which song I want to listenhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3HNqvjt1o

Message Edited by delonh24 on 04-30-2009 06:24 PM

Coverflow = gimmick, pure and simple. Another example of Apple’s marketing genius. Say what you will about the company and its’ product, they know how to advertise and promote better then anyone. Apple has convinced people that you might want to browse by cover art.

There was a thread on iLounge.com a few weeks back and comsone asked if you actually used cover art. Fully 90% of the replies all said “I just use it to show people it can do it…”.

Exactly…

Not even when people had actual ALBUMS did they browse by the covers. If you had them nicely stored on a shelf near your system, you would read the splines before you would remove album > from shelf to look at the cover (or track list). Of course if you used milk crates to hold your albums you probably did browse by “cover art”. :wink:

Message Edited by Peregrine on 05-04-2009 09:40 AM

Mono is a very very good feature for me, when working I can use only one headset.

Hi, Alex

Message Edited by alexxx on 05-11-2009 03:04 AM

I vote for a mono output option as well. It’s the only thing I find lacking in the fuze. 

I really like the feature for when I’m listening with only one plug in my ear (do that quite often) or when I want to share onewith a friend.

NaFiann