Erase songs on Sansa Express to make room for voice/radio recordings

I like to keep my player fairly full of music, but I also like to record NPR programs now and then, and have used the voice record feature a time or too also.  It would be nice if there was a way to delete individual songs/album directory to free up space to record from the radio or mic while out and about without needing access to a computer.

Jim

I agree - this was a valuable feature of the iRiver I owned previously.  I listen to a lot of podcasts and used to keep track of the ones I still need to listen to by deleting the old ones.  Now I have no way of knowing what is still new and what obsolete and needs to be removed.  I cannot believe this very sophisticated player does not allow tracks to be deleted. 

I listen to a lot of podcasts too.  For now I have been using the “Add to Go List” feature to keep track of which podcasts I have listened to.  It also helps since I can listen to the radio or other music files, then go back to the Go List to see which podcast I had been listening too and start it up again.  Since the Go List shows the ID3 tags and not the filenames and since the Go List can not be accessed while connected to the computer it still makes it a bit of a hassle to keep track of which podcasts can be deleted from the Express.

This player has VERY good sound quali, with a long lasting power source BUT I CANNOT DELETE songs from it !!! Thats Bull**bleep** !! thats a HUGE oversight.  I can do that on Creative, I can do that on iRiver.  Why cant that be done !!!??:robotmad: