Crossfeed Circuit?

Why don’t mp3 players have a crossfeed circuit? When listening to music through speakers each ear hears both channels, with the sound from the further spear delayed a bit and slightly lower in volume. Why don’t mp3 players have a circuit to mix some of the other into each channel, with the volume and delay that the user can set?

If a crossfeed circuit is too expensive to put in mp3 players, then why aren’t new recording done in a binaural manner using a dummy head? It seems like the majority of listening is done through headphones now.

@jk98 wrote:

Why don’t mp3 players have a crossfeed circuit? When listening to music through speakers each ear hears both channels, with the sound from the further spear delayed a bit and slightly lower in volume. Why don’t mp3 players have a circuit to mix some of the other into each channel, with the volume and delay that the user can set?

Some do . . .

The ones with Rockbox installed. :stuck_out_tongue:

You think earphone listening is more than computer speaker, regular stereo, and car players combined?

The place I knew that sort of specialized in binaural seems to have backed off on it lately (zbs media)

Some of the radio dramas I have in binaural are freaky… a phone rings or a door opens “offstage” and I have to check whether it’s the recording or real.

Message Edited by donp on 09-08-2009 01:11 PM