Clip+: FF and REW with sound

Would be so nice if there was the option to rewind or fast forward WITH SOUND.  Needed for studying music or languages, and just plain handy to know where you are when rewinding or fast forwarding, rather than the current guesswork.

it would need automatic pitch corection to be useful when fast forwarding, otherwise it won’t be intelligible.  Sandisk doesn’t seem to want to provide variable speed playback with automaic pitch correction. Sound while rewinding??? i don’t think that would be at all intelligible.

Actually, it doesn’t need that–the sound is only there as a cue for where to stop in the FF and REW process, to begin listening again, and the sound is recognizable enough for that purpose.  My original iRiver jukebox player, from the “early days” of DAPs, has it. 

I don’t get the elimination of this feature–it’s like having a VCR or DVD player that doesn’t show an image on the screen when you fast forward or go back.

@miikerman wrote:

Actually, it doesn’t need that-- the sound is only there as a cue for where to stop in the FF and REW process, to begin listening again, and the sound is recognizable enough for that purpose.   My original iRiver jukebox player, from the “early days” of DAPs, has it. 

I don’t get the elimination of this feature–it’s like having a VCR or DVD player that doesn’t show an image on the screen when you fast forward or go back.

As does the Sansa  e200v1. It’s definitely handy for zipping through the commercials in a radio podcast for instance. I think JK is wanting to ‘speed-listen’ to his podcasts and/or lectures is which case he’s looking for something compeltely different.

I don’t know whether it’s a feature related (or subject to) to the processor chip or not, but the v2 model of the e200, and subsequently the Fuze, Clip, etc. that use a different ‘brain’ did not have this when they came out. I, as well as others have commented before about how this feature is worthwhile, so I’m assuming it cannot be added via firmware on these newer machines.