Casesless USB Flash Drives

Ok, so I can’t seem to find any on the market so I’d like to suggest a naked USB Flash Drive… ie a flash drive for DIYer’s which has no case around it beyond the USB plug in the front (exposed chips & board). This would be for people to insert into homemade novelty usb drives, such as can be made from whatever is lying around or via 3D printing… or replace an old drive in their favorite novelty case. Could even sell different colored LED’s to add to it.

What I’d like to find is a good quality 128GB USB 3.0 drive like this. As it is, people buy cheap drives and rip the case off because no one provides these without cases to average consumers. IMO, with 3D printers becomming cheaper and DIY stuff being popular, these would sell well if they were good quality and a little less in price than their cased equivelant.

@rubenrybnik wrote:

Ok, so I can’t seem to find any on the market so I’d like to suggest a naked USB Flash Drive… ie a flash drive for DIYer’s which has no case around it beyond the USB plug in the front (exposed chips & board). This would be for people to insert into homemade novelty usb drives, such as can be made from whatever is lying around or via 3D printing… or replace an old drive in their favorite novelty case. Could even sell different colored LED’s to add to it.

What I’d like to find is a good quality 128GB USB 3.0 drive like this. As it is, people buy cheap drives and rip the case off because no one provides these without cases to average consumers. IMO, with 3D printers becomming cheaper and DIY stuff being popular, these would sell well if they were good quality and a little less in price than their cased equivelant.

An interesting idea!  I can even see it as a social product category unto itself, with the manufacturer having a tied development page where purchasers post and share their 3D print designs.