CLIP+ needs to show album title while playing

My CLIP+ does not show the album title while playing.  It only shows song title and artist.  This is ridiculous, and should be easily fixed.

jssherman wrote:
My CLIP+ does not show the album title while playing.  It only shows song title and artist.  This is ridiculous, and should be easily fixed.

All it takes is a couple of button presses to find out the album name. There is only so much room on the screen to begin with.

It’s a simple fix.  They should do it like they did on my old Sandisk m250.  Just show song title/album scrolling.

Or, if they don’t want to do that, perhaps default to album (rather than artist) and title (or even give the choice, in Settings).  Really, think of it for a moment:  don’t you generally know who the artist is (at least if it’s a singer), from listening, and wouldn’t the album name be more helpful?

“All it takes is a couple of button presses to find out the album name.”

Instead of the silly spectrum analyzer, they could have a press of the center button bring up a screen with the Album name, track duration, battery percentage remaining and a time display. The Clip+ has a built in clock. Accesing the time from it should be made easy. For those who do for some reason still want the spectrum analyzer, they could have it accesible, but only with several button presses(such as how the system into is accesible).

@jk98 wrote:

Instead of the silly spectrum analyzer, they could have a press of the center button bring up a screen with the Album name, track duration, and a time display. The Clip+ has a built in clock. Accesing the time from it should be made easy. For those who do for some reason still want the spectrum analyzer, they could have it accesible, but only with several button presses(such as how the system into is accesible).

Let’s say you are out for a walk/bike ride/hike, away from your house/apartment. I would assume that most people would carry their cell phone in that situation, in case something happened…so rather than wake up the screen on your Clip+ to find the time, (assuming that it was ever implemented that you could do it) wouldn’t it make more sense to look at your phone instead, and save the DAP’s battery for music…especially if you’re unhappy with the battery life in the first place? :wink:

“Let’s say you are out for a walk/bike ride/hike, away from your house/apartment. I would assume that most people would carry their cell phone in that situation”

Most people don’t carry a cell phone when jogging or running. They want to have as few things as possible with them then.

I have long felt that alternate screens are a lost opportunity for the Clips (assuming that the Clips’ memory will allow).  I think that the spectrum analyzer (is that what it is called?) is a fun gimmick, but it’s really just that.  How nice it would be for one press of the center button to call up other detailed what’s playing info. (including a battery percentage), and a second press to call up a watch face.

But back to the original topic:  I still think that album info. should be shown on the initial screen, either along with artist info. or in place of it.  (Of course, a choice as to what the screen shows would be ideal.)

@marvin_martian wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

Instead of the silly spectrum analyzer, they could have a press of the center button bring up a screen with the Album name, track duration, and a time display. The Clip+ has a built in clock. Accesing the time from it should be made easy. For those who do for some reason still want the spectrum analyzer, they could have it accesible, but only with several button presses(such as how the system into is accesible).

Let’s say you are out for a walk/bike ride/hike, away from your house/apartment. I would assume that most people would carry their cell phone in that situation, in case something happened…so rather than wake up the screen on your Clip+ to find the time, (assuming that it was ever implemented that you could do it) wouldn’t it make more sense to look at your phone instead, and save the DAP’s battery for music…especially if you’re unhappy with the battery life in the first place? :wink:

I don’t disagree with either of you, but . . . doesn’t anyone wear a wrist watch anymore? It’s the 1st thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night.

@jk98 wrote:

“Let’s say you are out for a walk/bike ride/hike, away from your house/apartment. I would assume that most people would carry their cell phone in that situation”

Most people don’t carry a cell phone when jogging or running. They want to have as few things as possible with them then.

What if you were to fall and sprain your ankle, or if you were bitten by a rabid badger…wouldn’t you want to be able to call for help? :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

I don’t disagree with either of you, but . . . doesn’t anyone wear a wrist watch anymore? It’s the 1st thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night.

Nope…haven’t worn one in years.:wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@jk98 wrote:

What if you were to fall and sprain your ankle, or if you were bitten by a rabid badger…wouldn’t you want to be able to call for help? :wink:

That’s exactly why I don’t run! You can’t always tell which of those badgers are rabid & which ones aren’t.

Do you jog or run in a deserted place? Most people jog or run in places where there are others passing by.

“I don’t disagree with either of you, but . . . doesn’t anyone wear a wrist watch anymore? It’s the 1st thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night.”

Many do wear a watch, but not while jogging, running, or lifting weights.