Me too! Me too! :smiley:

All Sansa Gurus now have the ability to use externally hosted files as their forum icon. Please use discretion when choosing an icon. You new icon will need to adhere to the forum rules and guidelines so no profanity or nudity. 

In your profile on the icon tab there will be a personal icon URL. Here you can enter the URL of your chosen icon and it will appear as your avatar. 

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Message Edited by slotmonsta on 05-01-2009 12:08 PM

Thanks slotmonsta!

Slotmonsta is the man!

Slotmonsta,

You’re all right, no matter what they say about you.

Bob   :smileyvery-happy:

I don’t have the box to enter the URL for a custom avatar. Whasupwidat?

@gwk1967 wrote:

Did you click where it said “Icons”?

Yes, I did. The only text entry box I see is for the Search function.

It should be down at the bottom…on the left it says “Personal Icon URL” and to the right of that is the box. Under that box are buttons for "add icon " and “reset”. At least that is what I see.

Yeah… I don’t have any of that. Is it supposed to appear automatically when you reach “Guru” level, or is it something the site staff has to enable manually whenever someone reaches that level? (that would be rather troublesome for the staff)

@gwk1967 wrote:
Yeah… I don’t have any of that. Is it supposed to appear automatically when you reach “Guru” level, or is it something the site staff has to enable manually whenever someone reaches that level? (that would be rather troublesome for the staff)

To be honest, I really don’t know. It may be something that they have to do.

I just checked my profile > icon tab & I have the URL box for a custom image icon just as Marvin described. The only thing I can guess is that since you are a newly ordained Guru, that it may take some time for this to appear in your profile.

If it doesn’t show up in a few more days, I’d PM slotmonsta & ask him about it.

I just checked my profile > icon tab & I have the URL box for a custom image icon just as Marvin described. The only thing I can guess is that since you are a newly ordained Guru, that it may take some time for this to appear in your profile.

You not only have to be a Sansa Guru, but a member in good standing of ‘the posse’. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Just messin’ . . . private joke)

Seriously, I just checked my profile > icon tab & I have the URL box for a custom image icon just as Marvin described. The only thing I can guess is that since you are a newly ordained Guru, that it may take some time for this to appear in your profile.

@tapeworm wrote:

You not only have to be a Sansa Guru, but a member in good standing of ‘the posse’. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Just messin’ . . . private joke)

Seriously, I just checked my profile > icon tab & I have the URL box for a custom image icon just as Marvin described. The only thing I can guess is that since you are a newly ordained Guru, that it may take some time for this to appear in your profile.

Indeed…fight for your rights as a Guru! :wink:

Marvin_Martian wrote:

Indeed…fight for your rights as a Guru! :wink:

I don’t know whether I’d classify that as a ‘right’? More of a ‘perk’. Even then, it’s a perk that I don’t even take advantage of because it’s limited to images already hosted on the web somewhere else. And depending on the site, these ‘hosted images’ could go missing if that site goes down or they change it and that image is no longer used or displayed.

I’d like to see the option of uploading your own image as is the case on many other forums. Till then, I’m happy with my ‘burger pic’. Being of German descent, it matches up quite nicely to my ‘Familienname’. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

I’d like to see the option of uploading your own image as is the case on many other forums.

gwk1967 wrote:

The URL box for custom avatars should now be available in your profile.

Forum Admin

slotmonsta 

Thank you very much!

My new avatar is up! If you don’t recognize him, that’s Zaphod Beeblebrox of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” (BBC TV version). Zaphod is another alias I commonly use online.