Audible rewind markers for podcasts and audiobooks

I use my Sansa Clip primarily for listening to podcasts and audiobooks. Sometimes when I’m listening I can zone out and lose track of what is being said, which means I have to rewind. Sometimes I just need to rewind to hear something again. It would be nice if I could rewind without having to actually look at the device. Here is the feature suggestion: Add a “tick” sound every 10 seconds, say, of rewind. That way one could easily rewind 10, 20, or 30 seconds, or whatever, without having to look at the device.

That would be fine, but the rewind/fast forward speed is progressive.  The farther you go, the faster it goes.  If you want to rewind just 10 seconds, figure out how long you have to hold down the button.  Maybe “one thousand one” is 10 seconds, and so on.

Yes, making the feature work with the progressive speedup would be hard. Making it useful yet aesthetically pleasing would be a challenge.

@tenzip wrote:

If you want to rewind just 10 seconds, figure out how long you have to hold down the button.  Maybe “one thousand one” is 10 seconds, and so on.

That’s not a bad idea. To go back about 10 seconds you count approx two seconds. To go back 20 seconds, you do that twice, releasing the button in between to avoid progressive speedup problems.

Hi Tenzip - I’m still using an m230 to listen to audiobooks, which I download from NetLibrary.  The only problem I face is that if I have to renew my license (after 3 weeks) it automatically resets me to the start of the book and the fast forward on the m230 is not progressive, so to get to the middle of a 12 hour book takes holding the button down 1 hour and 20 minutes (a real pain in the finger).  Sound like you’re the Sansa Fanatic, so what model would you recommend for my use?

Well, obviously one with progressive ff/rew would work, and I know the Fuze and Clip have this.  I don’t listen to audiobooks, and my longest audio file is ca. 30 minutes, so I don’t know how it would work in this case.

Perhaps some audiobook users will chime in here and give you some better advice.

Couldn’t this be added via a future software update? I’ve been a long time user and this issue just get more and more annoying with time; a fix would remove my biggest frustration with these devices and leave me a happy customer.