Add line-out feature/jack allowing connection to amp's line in

I own your products and they great but I do have one suggestion that I feel would add great value to end-users.  That would be a 3/8 line-out.  This would then allow one to used a 3/8 splitter to connect via RCA connections to one’s amplifier’s line-in simpler to what is done for tape decks and other devices(except record players). 

In the end this would be of great benefit allowing one to attach their whole collection to the amplifier for room/house speakers.  Note I am not a techie and not inclined to a DIY solution involving one to alter player or tinker.  I am suggesting a process similar to what is commonly used.

Thanks,

Paul

@paulsmail3 wrote:

I own your products and they great but I do have one suggestion that I feel would add great value to end-users.  That would be a 3/8 line-out.  This would then allow one to used a 3/8 splitter to connect via RCA connections to one’s amplifier’s line-in simpler to what is done for tape decks and other devices(except record players). 

In the end this would be of great benefit allowing one to attach their whole collection to the amplifier for room/house speakers.  Note I am not a techie and not inclined to a DIY solution involving one to alter player or tinker.  I am suggesting a process similar to what is commonly used.

Thanks,

Paul

Actually paul, there are cords available that actually plug in to the 3.5mm headphone jack and split in to 2 rca jacks. They are available at radio shack.

Conversationbox,

Thank for your quick response.   I was wondering how that would work since the headphones are amped(i.e. volume can be adjusted) while line out is level.  Using the headphone jack is there any preference as far as volume setting, high, med, low.  Since the headphone is ampled would this create a problem for the line-in since it is not expecting a flucating signal/power from the source such as tape player or san disk?

Once again, thank you for the info. I’ll be sure to stop at radion shack and get the cable you speak of.

Best Regards,

Paul

I actually dont use that cord specifically, I ahve one that gots from 3.5mm to 1/4 that I can plug in to my marshal stacks. BUT the rule of thumb I was always taught was to set the volume on the player between 50-75% and then adjust the amp after that. A line out would be nice but it proably wont happen in the way you are asking, having an adapter the converts the headphone jack to a flat line out would be the closest thing I could see.

I’ll give it a try.  Funny you mentioned that a nice acessory might be one that takes headphone out and converts it to line out.  As I wrote my first note I had the same thought that it would be nice if such a converter existed since I have run into the headphone  to line-in issue with other set-ups(aside from MP3 connections).

Best Regards,

Paul

I’ve used the 1/8 to RCA plug extensively. You don’t say which player you have, but the Fuze and Clip, using this cord, I set the volume at 100% with the EQ on “Normal” hooked to my home stereo and it works fine.

@marvin_martian wrote:
I’ve used the 1/8 to RCA plug extensively. You don’t say which player you have, but the Fuze and Clip, using this cord, I set the volume at 100% with the EQ on “Normal” hooked to my home stereo and it works fine.

but do you run it to an active or passive amp? A passive amp is one that your speakers hook into but does not control the volume so you need a reciever (Not sure I have that 100% right) and active is one that controls the volume. They will react differently based on the volume setting. 

It was hooked to the CD - in jacks on my reciever, where my computer is hooked now.

Ahh. thats a different setup all together.

In comparison to my CD player, the Fuze/Clip are a little quieter, volume-wise, but I heard no distortion from cranking them to 100%.

I thought this was going to be simple, but, evidently not.  Your replies come closest to what I would like to do.  I simply want to connect my Fuze to my 8 year old AV Receiver to take advantage of my AV speaker set up.  No USB connection on the receiver so that is out.  Can I simply connect a cable from the headphone output on the Fuze to the appropriate jack on the receiver?  What cable?  What jack on receiver? I am concrened that the variable line output on the Fuze will not be handled correctly or that I moght cook the Fuze.  Thanks.

@gcutuly wrote:

I thought this was going to be simple, but, evidently not.  Your replies come closest to what I would like to do.  I simply want to connect my Fuze to my 8 year old AV Receiver to take advantage of my AV speaker set up.  No USB connection on the receiver so that is out.  Can I simply connect a cable from the headphone output on the Fuze to the appropriate jack on the receiver?  What cable?  What jack on receiver? I am concrened that the variable line output on the Fuze will not be handled correctly or that I moght cook the Fuze.  Thanks.

Refer to Conversion Box's post earlier in this thread. You’ve probably got an AUX IN jack on your receiver (most do). Plug into that.

Or get a Sansa Base Station. I have one; it works great! It’s even got a remote control for it. With the Fuze, and it’s offset connector port on the bottom though, you will need to plug it in sans (without) any adaptors since it is made for the ‘E’ & ‘C’ series. Other that this minor adjustment, it will work perfectly with the Fuze. :smiley:

@gcutuly wrote:

Radio shack sells a 3.5mm male to 2 male RCA cable that works great.  I’m listening to my Fuze through an integrated amp right now at work.  There’s no chance of cooking the Fuze unless you hooked the RCA up to an output from a source or tape loopback on your receiver.  Just hook it up to your AUX or CD inputs, or whatever spare you have, and enjoy.

I run the volume on the Fuze at 100%, as the input impedance of the inputs on your receiver or integrated amp, in my case, is relatively very high, the actual power output is low.

You can also use the same type cord for hooking up a computer or laptop headphone out to your receiver.

@tenzip wrote:

@gcutuly wrote:

Radio shack sells a 3.5mm male to 2 male RCA cable that works great.  I’m listening to my Fuze through an integrated amp right now at work.  There’s no chance of cooking the Fuze unless you hooked the RCA up to an output from a source or tape loopback on your receiver.  Just hook it up to your AUX or CD inputs, or whatever spare you have, and enjoy.

I run the volume on the Fuze at 100%, as the input impedance of the inputs on your receiver or integrated amp, in my case, is relatively very high, the actual power output is low.

You can also use the same type cord for hooking up a computer or laptop headphone out to your receiver.

This^^ is what I did. Now I leave the computer hooked up to the stereo with the cable, because all my music is on the computer.