Highlighted

Re: AM Radio PLEASE!!!!

Oh my gosh I totally agree!! I know FM might be better quality, but AM does actually have stations!
Highlighted
SanDisk User

For the sound quality side what would happen if HD radio was added? This would be a chance to have something no other player has. You would still be able to do AM & FM.

thanks

barondla

Actually starting to use the FM on Fuze to listen to university radio station.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

It would be even better if a player would be made that receives shortwave radio as well as AM and fm, and has a built in speaker.
Highlighted

I would never buy another player if SanDisk made an affordable player with an AM tuner.  If I want to hear music I'll just listen to my MP3s.  Way better variety anyway.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

The one cool thing about an AM Radio would be taking it to an Indians or Cavs game and be able to listen to the game. (Browns games are on FM already so no problem there).

@Peregrine wrote:

The one cool thing about an AM Radio would be taking it to an Indians or Cavs game and be able to listen to the game. (Browns games are on FM already so no problem there).

Here in Toledo, we got the Tribe on FM. My problem with that is being a Tigers Fan. But your statement is why I want AM radio too.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I agree with everything that has been said, particularly reference to the Sony M37. If an MP3 player were that size (about 3" x 2.5" x 1" ) that would, I think, still be perfectly acceptable to most people.

Please make sure it still has a belt clip!

Message Edited by franktompson on 03-18-2010 02:49 AM
Message Edited by franktompson on 03-18-2010 02:50 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

JK98... it is time to stop asking for a "full sized SD card slot". Seriously. Things get smaller, dude. Not bigger. No need to go backwards because you don't want to buy new cards. Smiley Wink

"JK98... it is time to stop asking for a "full sized SD card slot". Seriously. Things get smaller, dude. Not bigger. No need to go backwards because you don't want to buy new cards. "

I was talking about a full sized SDXC card slot, which allows the use of 64 GB and higher capacity SDXC cards. It might take many years before 64 GB and higher capacities are available in the micro SD size.

A player that can take a few micro SDHC cards at a time might be an answer, although using one 64 GB

SDXC card seems like a better idea than a player that has 4 slots to install 4 16 GB micro SDHC cards, or two

slots to use two 32 GB micro SDHC cards(they aren't even available yet, and what about a year or so from now when 128 GB full sized SDXC cards become available?)

Who needs such high capacities? Think about high quality video and other uses that require plenty of space.

A two seat sports car might seem very nice for some, but not for a family of 6 or 8 people that needs much more space.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

In many cities some AM stations are already being simulcast on FM HD frequencies. Just some of them though, not all of them. I guess it may take a number of years (if ever?)before all of them are simulcast on FM HD.

AM radio is perfect for voice communication as it is low bandwith and carries much further distances than FM, so it is ideal for rural areas. There is AM HD radio, so the designers of HD radio seem to feel that there is still a need for AM radio. I doubt that AM HD radio was intended as just a very temporary solution before AM radio is phased out.