Re: AA battery powered mp3 player?

There may be another alternative; portable audio recorders.  The professional grade recorders generally have excellent playback quality and all the ones I've seen run on AA or AAA batteries.  The Yamaha C24 meets most of your requirements.  It runs for 34 hours on one AAA battery, accepts micro sdhc cards, has a low-power backlit monochrome screen, and some sort of clip (although I don't think it's what you're looking for).  They aren't designed for the purpose, so they don't have FM tuners, generally don't accept a wide variety of formats (usually just wav and mp3) and tend to be rather expensive, but they seem to be the closest things on the market to the long sought-after AA/AAA powered, removable storage mp3 player.

Another user who is looking for that elusive AA battery powered MP3 player.

- Great sound

- build in memory 4g or 8 g.

- FM tuner,

- small low power display - 3 lines of black and white 40 character text.

- Minimum of 50 hours of play time.

- voice recording

- splash tolerant.  Does not need to be submersible but a little rain or sweat should not kill it.

Table steaks

- are the ability to play the popular formats,

- functions like a flash drive,

- can play songs in a directory hierarchy.

- SD card slot would be a bonus.

- AM would be a superb bonus but not really expecting this.

Beating a dead horse?  Only if a product like this is not resurrected.

I have an MP3 player with AA battery before.  And I am not using it anymore.  It is just like a USB and It is limited to some command like play/pause botton, stop and forward and playback bottons as well.  Very simple.  I am just wondering if they can develop MP3 player, touch screen and batttery operated 

Music is my life
SanDisk Guru

The recorders lack tag browsing. They also don't support variable bitrates. They seem to support just mp3 and WMA. I have heard that two popular recorders won't even keep the songs within an album in proper order. I was almost tempted to buy a recorder, but was discouragfed after hearing that.l

SanDisk Guru

Sexiest AA batteries ever

I know, I know, that's a bold statement up there in the headline, 'cause there are a lot of fine-looking AAs out there. These are Sanyo's newest NiMH rechargeable batteries and, honestly, when was the last time you saw batteries with a tribal tattoo?

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

Ah, marketing  ...

SanDisk Guru

The thing that catches my eye is the little "powered by eneloop technology" badge in the upper left. Eneloops are widely regarded as among the best rechargeable batteries, so if these are amped-up Eneloops, they ought to be great. Ridiculous "eXXtreme" labelling aside.

SanDisk Guru

The extreme label is to justify the extreme price. Smiley Happy $23.45 for a 4 pack? I don't like to pay more than $10 for a 4 pack of AA nimh batteries. Ideally I would like to pay $7 or less. The regular Eneloops are only around $10 for a 4 pack. Is it worth paying over double the price for 25% more capacity? I don't think so.

SanDisk Guru

True, the price is a bit steep. But once they're more plentiful, hopefully we should be able to find them at a decent discount.

SanDisk Guru

I noticed B&H Photo is taking orders for them at $19.95.  A bit cheaper than the Amazon price, but still not cheap. I guess eventually it will be under $15. B&H has the new Eneloop 1500, AA nimh 2000mah batteries chargeable 1500 times 4 pack for $10. At half the price of the 2500 mah, I would rather have the 2000mah ones.