AA battery powered mp3 player?

Hey There JK98,

I agree. AA or AAA. I would like to see SanDisk put out a “flashless” drive player.

Modify the ImageMate Reader with an FM radio, and the firmware be able to play multiple video and audio formats (including OGG for those that want it) (less M4A/AAC of course), and view photos. Definitely increase the screen size so video is more viewable, 2.5? When you connect to a PC, I am thinking the double drive issues go away? Someone more tech savy can advise on that thought.  

To me it seems like 2GB, 4GB, 8GB flash drive players are like a game. Fill them up with high quality mp3’s, video’s, and photo’s and start buying cards for the expansion slot. 

I purchased a 4GB micro SDHC Card from the SanDisk Store for my 8GB Fuze and it is packaged with the SanDisk Adapter, so the little Micro can play in a full sized SD/MMC slot. SanDisk sells so many different size cards at so many prices I do not know why they (sales/marketing) wouldn’t find something like this a “home run”.

I’m no programmer, copy right lawyer etc. and do not know what it would take to accomplish this. Perhaps there are restrictions which would make this prohibitive. As a consumer who prefers SanDisk products over the others, this is something I would like to see. Maybe there are others, maybe not.

I just purchased an E130 from Amazon for just this purpose. (should arrive this week). Although it is a discontinued model, it plays on 1 X AAA battery, has an FM Radio, with an “up to” 2GB full size expansion slot. (You Go SanDisk!) No video capability, but I think they WERE headed in the right direction.

This is my personal wish list, so let the bashing begin! :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards

I forgot - yes on the AM for talk shows

Message Edited by mstubie on 10-05-2008 11:14 AM