AA battery powered mp3 player?

@peregrine wrote:

Well, I don’t want to debate specifically the Chiba ad infintum. Another consideration is size. Nowadays everyone wants a Fuze or Nano sized MP3 player. Most people do anyway. Yea it’s great to be able to purchase and install batteries when you really need some, but I will take my “15+ hour battery life, rechargable, no $$ spent on batteries player that fits so well in a pocket I can forget it is there” player any day. :wink:

Well, that’s one preference.  As I said, my kid HAS a clip and doesn’t use it because she doesn’t want to deal with waiting on charge.  Her NiMH’s charge in about 20 minutes and she can be nowhere near the charger and still playing tunes on the other set while that’s gong on.

edit: by “much time away from outlets” I mean like a week or 2.

Making that player thin may be a sale closer, but that doesn’t make it best for everyone’s every day use.  It may be ideal for folks who don’t spend much time away from outlets and/or plan on replacing every year so they won’t hit the point where that 15 hour play time is down to 2-3 (audio) or not long enough to get through a video.

Message Edited by donp on 05-12-2009 03:21 PM