Highlighted
Accepted Solution

reformated my e200R but it still shows the disk space as being used? Any ideas?

I had to force my e200R into MSC mode on the computer to get it to recognize the drive on my Vista 64. I was able to format the drive to remove my old songs. But when I go to reload the music I want it still shows over 6 MB of disk space is not free. Would appreciate any help on this issue. System only detects device in Play for Sure Mode otherwise. Both my Rhapsody and Windows Music show the device as still being almost full even though no songs show up on the drive.

Thanks

SanDisk Guru

Re: reformated my e200R but it still shows the disk space as being used? Any ideas?

Connect via "MTP mode" and delete all the files there too.

-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.

Re: reformated my e200R but it still shows the disk space as being used? Any ideas?

Thanks, I deleted all the mucsic that was inputed in PFS mode but that is still the only disk space the machine thinks is available. When I force it into Rhapsody mode it still shows all the disk space as filled even though there are no longer any songs on the hard drive.

About ready to give up trying.

SanDisk Guru

Do you have videos or pics? Or other files??

You could do a total wipe of the Sansa-

1- Turn Sansa OFF, put Hold switch ON, HOLD the Record button, and plug it into your computer.  (This is "Recovery Mode".)

2- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES Format the "16MB Format" partition that shows up or mess with the file(s) on it.

3- Make a folder called "Sansa.fmt" and drag it onto the Sansa.

4- Disconnect the Sansa (correctly w/ windows) and allow it to reboot.

This formats EVERYTHING on the player and puts it back to factory condition, not including the pre-loaded music, pictures, and videos.

-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.

Thank You very much.

That worked and I am back in the music business.

thank you