e280 keeps restarting over and over when turned on!!!

The other day i was listening to my sandisk and it worked fine. I turned it off for a hour. When i came back, i tried turning it on but it just keeps restarting going from the 'SanDisk' screen to the 'Rhapsody' screen and finally to the white screen where it restarts the whole process again.

Anyone have a clue?

rashtoacid@yahoo.com 

Re: e280 keeps restarting over and over when turned on!!!

I have the same problem. It started when it wouldn't connect to the computer but it still charged. Then it would reset itself on certain songs, but it would screw up the screen first. Then I tried listening to an album and at least the first song was like that and it reset itself just fine the few times I tried it, then I listened to some other music for a while and tried that album again. This time it got stuck in that infinite resetting. I can't connect it to anything because just before going to the music or menu or whatever it resets. It goes to the Rhapsody screen and just before it goes after that is when it resets. I can connect it in Recovery Mode but I can't update the firmware because it resets before it can update anything. Any help is appreciated, I already emailed SanDisk about it and waiting on their reply.

PM me an email address and i can send you an email that has a couple things that will update the firmware and reformat the player. It will wipe out everything on the player though, just a fair warning. But if it's like mine, the main image fails to load.

my e250r mp3 player when started with any file/album it starts a song and restarts from the begining of the song repeatedly

i reset the player and also farmatted it

but the trouble continues

rao

SanDisk Guru

@hrrrao18 wrote:

my e250r mp3 player when started with any file/album it starts a song and restarts from the begining of the song repeatedly

i reset the player and also farmatted it

but the trouble continues

rao

Try reloading or updating your firmware.  If that doesn't work check your ID3 tags with a freeware program called MP3Tag.  The best format to use is ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

haggus01@hotmail.com

I'm also having this exact problem with my E280R.

If you get a chance could you send me this same re formatting info?

Thx.

H.

SanDisk Guru

Just type FORMAT into the search box.

i have also have the same problem with sansa fuze+.

SanDisk Guru

@krt47 wrote:

i have also have the same problem with sansa fuze+.

Then you've posted in the wrong board. No one with any familiarity with the Fuze+ will see it here.