Well I have quite situation with my sansa e280.. My sansa...

Well I have quite situation with my sansa e280.. My sansa won't start at all.. the logo Sandisk appears when i turn it on bun then it freezes with the sandisk rhapsody logo and after a second it restarts itself and does the same thing all over again.. Infinite loop..
My guess is that my player is trying to play a shortcut of an mp3 that doesn't exist.. How can format my sansa disk.. Obviously my sansa is trying to turn on when i connect it to my computer.. And it enters in this infinite loop.. How can i connect to my sansa in a safe mode or how can i avoid my sansa to turn on when i connect it to the computer??  How can i solve this issue which is bugging for many days..
Thank You
PJ
SanDisk User

Re: Well I have quite situation with my sansa e280.. My sansa...

I think this issue might be fixed by following the steps to solve the sansa freezes on refresh database error listed in the FAQ. I'll link you and paste the steps here to make it easier.

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/post?board.id=e200R&message.reply_to_id=1363

Sansa Freezes on "Refresh Database"

This problem has also been heard of, and usually occurs when an MP3 file is corrupt, and causes the database refresh to freeze. It also is fairly easy to fix:
  • Turn off the Sansa, if it is not already off. If needed, hold the power button for 20 seconds to force it off.
  • Place the Sansa in recovery mode by following the steps above.
  • Place the sansa.fmt file in Recovery Mode. Please note placing this file in Recovery Mode will format your Sansa. That means it will delete all the music that is stored on the player itself.
  • Remove the Sansa, and wait for it to format.
  • Turn off the 'hold' feature and restart the Sansa (if needed) and
  • check to see if issues have been addressed

I'm not sure I understand the directions.  I've held the on/off button down for much longer than 20 seconds and it does not start any format or recovery mode.

How does one place the sansa.fmt file in recovery mode?

[ Edited ]
Did some more research and found that sansa.fmt is only a blank text file with that name.  I dropped the file into the player while in recovery mode, and it said it was formatting.

When I restarted it, I get the message "Load main image failed Switch to Recovery mode"

Any ideas where I go from here?

Message Edited by smains on 11-03-2007 07:21 AM

Thanks a lot PJ.. Problem solved..

i tried what's in this forum but nothing happened. yes i can off but if i turn it on it will be the same on then off then on again.
SanDisk Guru

lode38 wrote:
i tried what's in this forum but nothing happened. yes i can off but if i turn it on it will be the same on then off then on again.

You'd be better off starting a new thread and detailing exactly what your problem is, instead of dredging up a 2 1/2 year old one that may or may not have anything to do with your situation, tagging onto the end of it and not explaining yourself.

That is, if you really want help. Smiley Wink

Well I have quite situation with my sansa e280.. My sansa won't start at all.. the logo Sandisk appears when i turn it on bun then it freezes with the sandisk rhapsody logo and after a second it restarts itself and does the same thing all over again.. Infinite loop..
My guess is that my player is trying to play a shortcut of an mp3 that doesn't exist.. How can format my sansa disk.. Obviously my sansa is trying to turn on when i connect it to my computer.. And it enters in this infinite loop.. How can i connect to my sansa in a safe mode or how can i avoid my sansa to turn on when i connect it to the computer??  How can i solve this issue which is bugging for many days..
Thank You

Unable to charge e250

When I plug the e250 into the USB port on my PC, after power-up it alternates between "Writing" and "Refreshing Database."  The battery indicator is red.  I bought the thing several months ago.  The Rhapsody subscription has expired, so I have no idea what it thinks it is writing.  I get the same problem with or without the auxiliary chip.  Any ideas?

My sansa e280 was working fine and then showed "Bad Track". I could not turn it off. By the time I got home the battery completely discharged. When I connect it via a USB port the volume rotary switch lites up but I get no screen and computer does not see the unit at all.