SanDisk User

Re: Well I have quite situation with my sansa e280.. My sansa...

How do I get it to see the drive as any thing but a 16mb drive?  If I format it it formats as a 16mb drive.

My sansa e200r will start, but will not move pass the sansa rhapsody logo and than freezes.

Thank You

SanDisk Guru

buckeye6446 wrote:

My sansa e200r will start, but will not move pass the sansa rhapsody logo and than freezes.

Have you tried reloading the firmware?

I've formatted my sansa e 280 mp3 player when it is connected to the pc in NTFS format. After formatting my e280 is not gettting detected. Also I'm getting a msg  "no partition found" and it turns off automatically.  How can I restore my mp3 player.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@sriramnarasimha wrote:

I've formatted my sansa e 280 mp3 player when it is connected to the pc in NTFS format. After formatting my e280 is not gettting detected. Also I'm getting a msg  "no partition found" and it turns off automatically.  How can I restore my mp3 player.

That's because it's supposed to be formatted to FAT32. Try re-formatting it again correctly. I don't know if it will work, as that error msg. leads me to believe the NTFS format wiped out the hidden partition containing the firmware. I would certainly try to re-load the firmware after re-formatting, but you may have bricked your player. Note if you have one of the "R" or Rhapsody models (as you posted in the Rhapsody board), there is a separate firmware for that model. Even if not, you will still have to know whether you have a v1 or v2 hardware version of the regular variant in order to apply the correct firmware for it.

Good luck!