Highlighted

Subscription Issues

[ Edited ]
(I changed the topic subject...was a little too harsh...)

I've had nothing but issues with this thing. I swore I'd never get another iPod but thing this is quickly driving me back to one. My issue is that I can't go a day without having to connect it to a PC to update the license and/or subscription to listen to my songs! The specifc message I get is "Sychronize to continue your music subscription". I connect it thinking that all is well, disconnect properly and the P.O.S. still doesn't work!

I initially called tech support and spent a half hour working this thing out. So it gets 'fixed'...and I think okay, all is well. NOPE. I've spent countless hours formatting this thing, and transferring my songs back onto it being fooled into thinking that it's going to work one day.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? If not, I pray to God that Best Buy allows me to return this !*&^$!&%# MP3 player. iPod, here I come...

Sansa e280R
Best Buy/Rhapsody Digital Music Store
Lastest version of the application, and firmware for the player

Message Edited by Kloudstriker on 09-13-2007 02:02 PM
Highlighted

Re: Subscription Issues

Anyone else...?  Smiley Sad
Highlighted

Okay, so last night I go home and format my Sansa for the 4th or 5th time as my tracks have expired and connecting simply doesn't fix the problem. I transfer all my music back over. I listen for most of today and I pause right in the middle of a song to talk to a co-worker. Guess what? My SUBSCRIPTION TRACKS HAVE EXPIRED...AGAIN! So I connect it, do everything I can...update track licenses...

Can someone please tell me that this thing is not screwed up?
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

What Subscripition music site do you use?
Highlighted

Sansa e280R
Best Buy/Rhapsody Digital Music Store
Lastest version of the application, and firmware for the player

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Try reinstalling the firmware and do a sansa.fmt.  This will delete everything on the player.  So make sure you do a back up your songs before you do that.  If you do not know how to that, check my sig.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

y'know, you don't HAVE to use a subscription thingy.

And DRM ftl, get DRM-free stuff and all your worries are gone ^_^
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

agreed.  DRM SUCKS!