SanDisk User

Something wierd going on.

My player has been and starting to act up even more than usual.  Any kind of pressure on the left side of the player messes up the output and only one earphone will work.  It usually just goes right back to working normal again, but sometimes I have to put more pressure on it to correct whatever it is that is going on.  

What is the fix for this. Is it something I can fix myself. Do I need to take it to someone who can fix it.

I really hope there is a fix for this, all this work to put rockbox and buying the sdhc cards and all just to have it brick on me would really blow major chunks. 

Thanks for any info..

Tone

SanDisk Guru

Re: Something wierd going on.

The headphone jack is probably loose. Poor solder connections on the jack are a known issue with the e200's (and the e200R's as well, I assume). If you have experience with  precision soldering, you can fix it yourself. As an alternative, some people have had success with inserting a folded piece of paper or something similar inside the player to keep pressure on the jack, forcing it to stay in contact with the circuit board.
SanDisk User

but the jack is on the right side, and only on the left side is involved when it does this.  I have soldered before but nothing precise.. lol

thanks for the info though, seems like it can easially be fixed.. you guys are the best, so very helpful!!

SanDisk Guru

Take a look here

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=e200&thread.id=19757

read the whole thing, soldering is pretty tricky, maybe some of the later posters will help you.

-Will
-One e260, one e260v2, an e250R, Three e250s. www.rockbox.org
Two Clips.