Highlighted

Sansa e250r problem...

Okay, this is what had/has happened to my mp3 player:

- if I plug it into a computer, the computer, no matter what computer it is, will not pick up the mp3player

- that when I turn on my mp3 player, it restarts itself over and over again from the second starting screen, when it says "Sansa Rhapsody" and the only way that it'll stop is if I turn it off.

- it started to forget my songs, would stop playing some of them and then started to do the above problems.

I just want to know a way that I can fix it.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Sansa e250r problem...

When in doubt, format. That usually solves my problems, but it's annoying to put everything back on.
Highlighted

How do you format the player?
Highlighted

ok heres how to fix it turn it off then put the switch button on then hold in the record button and plug it in to the computer once it says 16 mb format on the screen of you r computer, let go of the record button next open up where it says 16 mb format view files next create an empty folder called Sansa.fmt and drag uit into the 16 mb format disconnect and turn of the hold button

WARNING! ! ! ! ! !

you will lose EVERY SINGLE FILE you had and all your settings but its the only way to fix it i had to call the company my self when i had a similar problem if this doesn't work you will have to do the same good luck sry it had to be 2 parts but it was hte only way

BTW It's pretty much the only way to fix it...