Highlighted

Sansa E260R Issues

I am on my second E260R after I returned the first one because it kept skipping songs.

I now have a problem where I can drag and drop MP3s onto the device from my HD, the screen on the MP3 player says "writing" when I do this, but when I look at the song list, these songs are nowhere to be found.

What am I doing wrong?

I have to admit I'm ready to throw this thing out the window. Not happy with the quality (or lack thereof) at all...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin 

Highlighted

Re: Sansa E260R Issues

Which folder do you put the music in? Try puting them in the MUSIC folder on the device. And what mode is your device in (Rhapsody or PlayForSure)?

Highlighted

It is in Rhapsody mode.
Highlighted

Are you puting the files in the MUSIC folder?
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Yes I am and I still can not get these songs to play.

They show up in the Music folder when the device is attatched to the computer, but will not play once the player is disconnected, and do not even show up in the Songs listings.

Message Edited by kknobl on 03-22-2008 06:41 PM
Highlighted

Is it possible that the files are encrypted on the computer, because when copying encrypted files, de-cryption does not occur. And I am sure that Sansa cannot read the file or the internal ID3 tags (author album) etc. This is a pluasable explaination.  
Highlighted

Is there any way to unencrypt them?

It just seems strage that the computer would suddenly decide to start encrypting music that I download where it never has before.

Another plausible explanation is that the Sansa is just a piece of junk...