Highlighted
mac

Preloaded Music Gone

I bought this unit under the advise of a Best Buy sales rep who said the plus for buying this mp3 is the free music.  About two months after purchasing the player, on vacation all of the preloaded music was inactive.  Does this mean that I must now buy this music to keep it?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Preloaded Music Gone

mac wrote:
I bought this unit under the advise of a Best Buy sales rep who said the plus for buying this mp3 is the free music.  About two months after purchasing the player, on vacation all of the preloaded music was inactive.  Does this mean that I must now buy this music to keep it?

To continue listening to the preloded music on a rhapsody device you will have to subscribe to Rhapsody's service.

Highlighted

Will that still be the case if I add the songs to the library on the player?
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Any music you put on there will not do that.  The only music will do that is the Rhapsody Channels.
Highlighted

by the way, i still havent installed Rhapsody. Will that make a difference?
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

No you do not need to install Rhapsody.   Unhide your hidden files and folders and put the player in Rhapsody mode.  Look on the Sansa, then System, the Music.  You will see RAX files you can delete.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

And the Rhapsody Channels will show as number strings (078951356etc.), you'll probably want to delete those too. And no, if you don't want to use rhapsody, it has absolutely no bearing on the functionality of the mp3 player. And slap that Best Buy rep who said the music was free. Sadly nothing is free in this day and age.
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

@Apix wrote:
And the Rhapsody Channels will show as number strings (078951356etc.), you'll probably want to delete those too. And no, if you don't want to use rhapsody, it has absolutely no bearing on the functionality of the mp3 player. And slap that Best Buy rep who said the music was free. Sadly nothing is free in this day and age.

actually, freeware and open-source programs are ^_^
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Shhhh.. don't speak of those things... they're evil and wrong *cough*  Smiley Happy
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted

so i dont have to delete those files?