My channels have been grayed out!

[ Edited ]
Ok, so basically, I have enjoyed my player's channels for a while. Today however, they became greyed out, and I can't play them anymore. It says I must connect to a pc and re-transfer the channels. I tried and it wouldn't let me. It said I had to subscribe to get new channels.

But I like the channels I have now. What do I do?

To make things a bit clearer, my friend bought his several months before me, yet he still has his channels. He hasn't subscribed to rhapsody.

Message Edited by petmc20 on 11-08-2007 08:20 PM
SanDisk Professor

Re: My channels have been grayed out!

He might have the unlimited account, and you only have the To Go account.

I have this problem every few weeks. I'm having it right now but can't fix it. In the past I had to re-format my player and start over.  Now my computer won't even recognize it.
Did you have any luck figuring out your problem?
Thanks
Highlighted

i think you need to subscribe to one of those rhapsody plans that you have to pay for monthly..
christine chun
SanDisk Guru

the files in rhapsody channels are DRM protected. you will have to subscribe to the rhapsody service to continue listening to them.

Yes I subscribe to Rhapsody to Go.  The channels that are greyed out are ones I have put on my player myself through Rhapsody.
Rhapsody shows 3gb of files on the player but no tracks listed.  So the files are on the player according to Rhap but I'm unable to access them on the player.
I formatted it and nothing has changed.  So strange I know. But this has happened before and formatted used to fix it.
Please help.
Thanks
SanDisk Guru

echoshock wrote:
Yes I subscribe to Rhapsody to Go.  The channels that are greyed out are ones I have put on my player myself through Rhapsody.
Rhapsody shows 3gb of files on the player but no tracks listed.  So the files are on the player according to Rhap but I'm unable to access them on the player.
I formatted it and nothing has changed.  So strange I know. But this has happened before and formatted used to fix it.
Please help.
Thanks

do you recieve any errors when you try to resync the channels in rhapsody?

Hi,
When I go into Rhapsody, it shows my sansa, but there are no tracks listed and no channels.  however, at the bottom of the Rhapsody screen it shows that there is about 3gb of songs on the player. So it seems like there are hundreds of songs on the player that I cannot see in Rhap or on the Sansa.  I tried to reformat from Rhapsody and its the same. 
Some reason I'm not able to format through my PC through My computer as I have before. 
Any ideas?
Thanks