Is there anything out there better that Rhapsody?

[ Edited ]

I hate Rhapsody.  It freezes up on me then shuts down on me way too often.  When I update the album art and Artist information it will not transfer to my Sansa e270r.  Their tech support sucks; they will not listen to my issues and constantly anticipate my thoughts.  Is there a good player out there that will recognize the AAC files, that's a good program, and will connect to my device?

Message Edited by Munkeyboyguy on 12-03-2007 04:12 PM

Message Edited by Munkeyboyguy on 12-03-2007 04:13 PM

Re: Is there anything out there better that Rhapsody?

what is not better than rhapsody? jk!  napster,itunes, there are a lot of things better than rhapsody

i was wondering the same thing..
can you use maybe say itunes for the sansa e250r? how?
cause im not really liking how rhapsody keeps screwing things up with my sansa
christine chun
SanDisk Senior User

yeah, it's called Windows Explorer olol
Highlighted

wait what? windows explorer? hrrm.
probably a joke or im just REALLY stupid. sorry :/
but yah. anyone know how to use itunes with sansa e250r?  or is it even possible?
christine chun

I use my sansa strictly for audio and have found the best program to be Media Monkey. It synchronizes well in plays for sure mode. You can either use Media Monkey to convert your files to another format or, I believe, it converts to a usable format for the player (I haven't paid too much attention, but I'm pretty sure that I have transferred flac files, as I have quite a few.) Every once in a while, I switch to Rhapsody mode and format the player, because I'm **bleep** that way, but it isn't necessary with Media Monkey. Good luck, anything is better!

I love iTunes, it if by far the best I have used, but I refuse to pay 2x for the same thing of another brand.  The only issues I have with iTunes is that it will not work with any other players.

I just downloaded this MediaMonkey player and it's great but...It does not play the AAC (m4a) files.
SanDisk Guru

Yes, you can use iTunes to rip CDs and import them to your player. I do. But I don't sync libraries. I just transfer stuff when I need it.

In Settings, put the unit in Rhapsody (or MSC) mode, not PlaysforSure (or MTP).

You have to change some iTunes settings in Edit/Preferences/Advanced. You need to make the music folder on the Sansa the location to import albums (like G:/Music), and you have to change Importing to Mp3 Encoder because the Sansa plays mp3s. Use good quality, 192 kbps or better.

m4a is Apple's own format, for iPods.  If you import everything to mp3 instead it will be playable on both Apple and non-Apple players.

You also need to connect the Sansa BEFORE opening iTunes or it will import the CDs to  its default folder on your computer instead of directly to the Sansa. But you can always drag-and-drop them afterward from your computer if you prefer to keep them there.

Put in the CD. Connect the Sansa. Open iTunes. It gets the Album/Artist/Title information online. Click the Import button (unlabeled, down at the bottom) and it rips the CDs onto the Sansa (if that's where you've told it to Import). Very easy.

With the unit in Rhapsody/MSC mode, you can  just drag-and-drop folders of mp3s into the unit through Windows Explorer.

Can't Connect? Other Problems? Answers